cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8 is coming to Sprint Finally!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Phone 8 is coming to Sprint Finally!

It is finally official! Sprint will be getting Windows Phone 8 Phones. The source comes from PC Mag website @ http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412052,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121&utm_source=feedburner&u...

If you are happy about the news as I am please post your comments! It’s about time Sprint! I just hope Sprint has more than one phone available, push it with advertisements, and educate their employees! 

Message was edited by: APOCALYPSEBC

79 REPLIES 79
Journeyman

Re: Windows Phone 8 is coming to Sprint Finally!

While i am happy to hear this, I am not going to hold my breath for the support. I doubt they will support it as they do their Google phones. They are not even able to provide something as basic as basic troubleshooting.

Journeyman

You are so right! Thats why i'm hoping the Microsoft and Sprint partnership will lead to Sprint educating their employees and giving them some type of reward for pushing/selling Windows Phones to get the support it needs.

Journeyman

Figured WP8 was going to happen on Sprint. Thanks for posting -- great news!

Journeyman

So glad to hear Sprint WILL offer WP8! I can tear up my AT&T phone plan.... So happy they came through!!!!

Journeyman

It's good to see they're finally doing this, unfortunately I doubt the phones will be out in January. All 4 lines on my plan are ready for an upgrade 1/1/13, so I'm hoping at least the 8X makes it to Sprint in January. Delaying upgrades for this would suck.

Journeyman

Yeah but 2013 is 12 months long. I hope that this happens before the two year anniversary of the HTC Arrive!

Journeyman

Looks like the Sprint Windows Phone wont be coming this holiday season. As expected, I look forward to Sprint getting some around the first quarter of the New year! My contract will be up by March so hopefully I can luck out during or before my contract expires!

Journeyman

Sprint has announce they will be offering Windows Phones 8 early 2013!

Journeyman

Well, when they said early 2013, they meant by the summer of 2013.  Early is relative.  So is soon. Looks like it will be Samsung and HTC Windows Phones for Sprint. You'll have to wait a while longer for anything from Nokia.   I finally got tired of waiting.  After 15+ years with Sprint (and absolutely no customer support for my HTC Arrive), I finally switched to Verizon last week and picked up a couple of Nokia 822's for free!  It is so nice. Its also nice to have all of the Nokia exclusive apps.  Now my son wants one too.  Now I don't have to wait on the 7.8 update that may never come.  At least my keyboard doesn't disappear anymore.  I also have a much better signal strength now where my Arrive would drop off before.  I couldn't even use Sprint TV dependably on my Arrive.  Verizon also supports the data compression that comes with Windows Phone 8.  I am now a happy camper!

I wish you guys luck and happy trails.

Journeyman

Makes me want to go to Verizon! But the Nokia Lumia is on AT&T and that's a great phone as well. My mother has that phone and I like it. I hope Sprint talks with Nokia and release a Nokia Windows Phone 8 device this summer. I have the HTC Arrive at the moment as well and i have had enough. I'll complained when the new phones release on Sprint so I can get a free upgrade without renewing my contract and I think i'll give Samsung a try this time. Who ever is making these decission about which Windows Phone to put on Sprint has no clue about Windows Phone 8 and whatNokia has offered to other carriers world wide. Give us some Nokia phone this summer since nothing realy is coming early 2013 and more like mid 2013!!! here is a link to the news http://wmpoweruser.com/sprint-announces-coming-htc-and-samsung-windows-phone-8-handsets/#more-85757

APOCALYPSEAD,

We are all excited about Windows 8 OS capable devices coming to Sprint. We've been in talks with Microsoft over potential opportunities for a while now, and were happy to finally bring these highly anticipated devices to our customers. Obviously a lot goes into if or when we choose certain manufacturers to support Windows 8 OS, but HTC and Samsung have proven to provide rich and innovative smartphone creators. Can't wait!

*Julian

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat