cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8 is coming to Sprint Finally!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Phone 8 is coming to Sprint Finally!

It is finally official! Sprint will be getting Windows Phone 8 Phones. The source comes from PC Mag website @ http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412052,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121&utm_source=feedburner&u...

If you are happy about the news as I am please post your comments! It’s about time Sprint! I just hope Sprint has more than one phone available, push it with advertisements, and educate their employees! 

Message was edited by: APOCALYPSEBC

79 REPLIES 79
Highlighted
Journeyman

My contract has been up since December.  I would like to see Sprint carry Nokia, but I will not get my hopes up.  It's looking like I will be taking my money to Verizon come April when the 928 arrives. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got tired of waiting and switched to AT&T yesterday after over 12 years with Sprint.  I bought 2 Nokia 920's and 3 820's.  LTE is amazing!  I could only get 3G 90% of the time with Sprint.  10Gb shared is the same price as Sprint "unlimited" but my total data usage with Sprint was never over 7 anyway.  I paid $500. ETF and worth every single penny.  Goodbye Sprint...I hope you fire the cage of monkeys that make decisions there before you go under entirely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Message to Sprint: If you are going to have Windows Phones, you must have Nokia.

Samsung? They are not even seriously supporting Windows Phone. They are too heavily invested in Android and currently only have a budget Windows Phone.

HTC? Do you think I am going to buy an 8X or similar phone when Sprint gets it this summer if I can't even get an official update from Windows 7.5 to 7.8 for my HTC Arrive? I am done buying phones from companies that do not support them.

I want a Nokia 920 variant and am going to be moving my 3 lines to Verizon to get it  I don't want to leave Sprint. We've been together since 1999. But unless I see somthing being offered from Nokia in the next few months, I'm gone.

Are you listening Sprint????

Highlighted
Journeyman

So Sprint wants me to wait up to 5 more months (end of August would still be considered "summer") to buy a phone with an OS they have shown absolutely no interest in supporting in the past (WP7/7.5/7.8), inside a handset that will be pushing 9 months old.  Wow, there really must be a sucker born every minute if they think that's going to fly. I think I'll just hang on to my Arrive until it quits for good and then see what has actually shown up that doesn't say iOS or Android on the spec sheet.

Message was edited by: Drew7506

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's face it: Unless you want an iPhone or Android, Sprint sucks at supporting it. Windows Phone 8 has been a disaster, estimated to launch nearly a year after Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T have launched it. Hell, at this rate US Cellular might beat them to it.

Sprint isn't even that great with Android, still very slow to update non-Samsung phones.

If T-Mobile has coverage in your area, your best bet is a Nexus 4 off contract with a cheap T-Mobile data plan. Otherwise, it's a crapshoot with every carrier. If you want Windows Phone 8, your best bet is to go to one of the other carriers. Any of them. Although AT&T is probably best since they fully support Nokia.

The main thing you need to realize is that all of the major carriers in the US suck. They're expensive, they're terrible with phone releases and updates. Maybe some day they'll actually compete with one another, drive prices down, and improve the customer service aspect.... but it'll be a while before that happens in any capacity.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know how to start up a petition to get Sprint to offer a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8. I know they suppose to be sailing the Samsung Ativ and HTC Tiara, but The Nokia Lumia varient would make much since because of how well it is doing and it has a much bigger market share than Samsung or HTC running the Windows Phone OS...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Vote with your wallet - switch carriers.  Sprint has not participated in any of these forums regarding Windows Phone in a constructive way.  The logical conclusion is that they just don't care what their customers want.  We have all been saying exactly what we wanted for many months and none of our comments and suggestions seemed to make any impact.  I was a Sprint customer for over 10 years and, hesitantly, switched to AT&T to get a Nokia 920 (actually I bought 5 of them).  Great phone, great coverage, great price with unlimited voice/text and very reasonable shared data plans.  I am paying the same with AT&T for 10GB of shared data on LTE as I paid on Sprint (3G 90% of the time).  AT&T and Verizon couldn't even come close to the value Sprint provided in years past but now with their new shared data plans there's just no reason to stay with Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now that the Nokia Lumia 920, 925, and 928 have made their appearance, Which one will Sprint be getting or will it be a new Nokia Lumia device for Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

What, are you serious? The only devices Sprint has said anything about is the Samsung Ativ S and the HTC Tiara, both of which were named in March and have since dropped off the face of the earth, it seems. If Sprint gets a Lumia device I would be incredibly surprised.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Sprint doesn't provide strong Windows 8 phone selections I'm done with Sprint! I have been hanging on waiting but after having to settle for the HTC Arrive for 7.5 I'm not going to settle again, and again, and again. Bad enough Sprint is so late to the game, which is extremely ironic given that Sprint is running Lync 2013 internally and the Mobile 2013 client requires Windows 8. http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Microsoft-Lync-Server-2013/Sprint-Nextel/Sprint-Nextel-Upgrades...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well we are finally close to getting a new Windows Phone on Sprint! Sprint Plans Summer Launches for First Two Windows Phone 8 Smartphones to Feature Truly Unlimited 4G LTE: HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo! The link below will send you straight to the news coming directly from SPRINT!!!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=11058

It's about time! I'm ready to turn in my HTC Arrive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Way too little and really, really late (and STILL no actual release date).  Both of the windows 8 phones are mid-range with no great shakes as far as performance, speed, etc.  Nothing premium here and certainly nothing to be excited about.  Glad I made my decision and stopped waiting for Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat