cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8

Journeyman

Windows Phone 8

Hi,

Quick background, I have been a Sprint customer for 14 years, and I currently have 4 lines.  With the today's announcement of the detials for Windows Phone 8, I am just letting you know when Windows Phone 8 phones hit the market, I am buying at least one

163 REPLIES 163
Journeyman

Re: Windows Phone 8

Ditto.  I have seven lines, business customer for eight years.  Say what you will, but even WP7 is more stable and business friendly than any other OS; WP8 is a logical choice for someone like me.

Journeyman

Similar here, long-term Sprint customer, 4 lines, and love the WP7 OS, but very dissappointed by my one WP7 hardware choice (HTC Arrive), which I paid full price for.  My contract ends just in time for me to jump ship this fall to a carrier to that offers more Windows Phone options.  Can't wait for the WP8, so exciting to see a great phone OS get even greater.

Journeyman

Been with Sprint for 1 year got the Samsung Transform, when that went stolen. I got a Palm Treo 650wv with Windows Mobile 5.1. Instantly fell inlove with the WM OS. 3 Month ago I purchased an HTC Arrive. Nice handset; however, If the end of the year passes without a new WM device running 4g. I will just wait out my contract and switch AT&T or T-mobile. Need more choice in the WM phone

Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer for ten years. Two lines. Sprint has less than three months to make a Nokia with WP8 happen or I'm gone!  I'm sick of them having the absolute WORST selection of phones, and letting every other carrier beat them consistently with new products! ENOUGH with the Droid phones!  Every month, Sprint announces 1-5 new Droid phones, and yet Droid is the WORST phone OS there is. And they sold the company on the aging crApple iThing.

Again, Sprint: three months, no Nokia WP8, and I'm taking my two lines to one of your competitors!

Master

Windows phone 8 is not releasing until  this fall  The current phones will not run the windows8  per http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/microsoft-introduces-windows-phone-8/   At this point we have to have some phones built to work the new software. Can not promise when software will release other than fall  and that is Microsoft's date.

Journeyman

Yes.  I said three months. Three months would put us to the end of September. September is "Fall."  Sprint needs to stop with this "we're going to wait and see how it sells on other carriers" nonsense and step up to the plate!  Announce some freakin' WP8 models (or at least that "they're in the works for a Fall release") already! Every other MAJOR carrier has. Enthusiastically. Sprint needs to get off of their knees at the altar of crApple and Google and give their customers something different! There are a LOT of us guys who still are using WM devices. They at one time had decent market share. They will have even larger market share with WP8. As usual, Sprint is following their competition rather than leading!  It's time to stop following last year's (or the three years ago) trends and start setting new ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@14KNIGHT

We're aware that WP8 does not release until this fall. But I wanted to point you to something you just said: "At this point we have to have some phones built to work the new software"

How is that going to be a game changer? You have the Arrive now which is already missing fixes that were released by Microsoft long ago. I'm having to deal with the disappearing keyboard because YOU won't release the software that fixes it. With that in mind, how can anyone trust that Sprint will support WP8. I'm sure you'll have maybe 1 phone, but then what? It gets dropped to the wayside just like the Arrive. I have 5 lines with Sprint and am not renewing as each one ends. Once all 5 are done, I'm gone. Time's running out.

Journeyman

twfsc ..

It is obvious that Sprint plans to offer one WP.  It will be covered in dust in the back corner of every Sprint store in the country, next to the hall to the bathrooms.  Sprint will continue to deliver 47 new Droid devices every month. They will continue to push the 7 year-old-in-the-tooth iThing, because they sold their souls to the devil to get the 7 year-old iThing which everyone else got first. Meanwhile, they will offer no education to their employees to help them see why the WP8 is a platform of the future and why it should be offered to their customers as a viable alternative. Instead of the current status quo of uninformed, uneducated Sprint employees telling potential customers "Oh .. yeah. That's the Windows phone. You don't want that!"  And then, Sprint higher ups having the gall to say "Quite frankly, there is no interest in the Windows Phone, therefore we will not be getting any new models."  When every other provider sees that the new WP8 is NOT the old WP.  And sees potential.  Again .. Sprint is following every other carrier from the back of the pack!

Tell us Sprint! WHY should those of us whom have stuck with you through thick and thin continue to be loyal to a technology company that is decidedly anti-technology?!

You have literally until the Fall (which in my book means the day after August 31) to announce your plans to bring us WP8 devices. Then, many of us will be jumping to your competition whom DO seem to "GET IT!"  It's time to stop hiding behind your veil of secrecy (you're not the CIA secretly planning to storm the shores of Montserrat) and "we don't discuss our plans ahead of time" nonsense and start divulging whether you have skin in the game, because many of us are tiring of EVERY other day seeing your competition announcing their big plans for WP8!!  I really don't want to go to AT&T, T-Mob, Verizon, etc. But I am sick of the bottom-of-the-barrel yesterday's news trash phones that you are providing. I tried Droid (even the Galaxy SIII). It's crash-trash. I tried iThing. It's stale; BORING; so 2007. I WANT A Nokia WP8!  And I *WILL* jump ship to get it!

Journeyman

I too have been a long time user of Sprint.  Went through the period when they were "the service providers from hell" but stuck it out until service became what it should have been from the beginning.  However, if Sprint does not come out with a top notch W8 phone in the fall,  they ae likely to lose me and mine as a customer.  It certainly appears that W8 will provide much needed ease of access across phone/tablet/pc while having 10s of thousands of apps.

Journeyman

i have been a sprint customer since i dont know when but i think its time for a change everyone else see what windows phone 8 and its commotion and im sure alot of people on sprint would love to have a windows phone 8...just my opinion but i saw something that says the iphone is costing sprint a forturne...then start carrying less of those things just hope sprint can get its **** straight

Journeyman

We don't need to have the phone out by the First day of Fall, but at this point Sprint is the only major carrier not saying "we will have Windows 8 devices."

All we really want at this time is a statement from Sprint saying they will definitly have Windows Phone 8 devices.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat