cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8

Journeyman

Re: Windows Phone 8

I'd have to agree.  Sprint, I hope you have people at least reading these posts.  I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years and have 2 lines, excellent payment history but new windows phones are a must.  The HTC arrive I currently have already is considred obsolete when compared to the other devices out from the other carriers.  I'm even coming across apps in the marketplace that say my phone does not meet hte hardware specifications for those apps.  Get it together Sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

This might be another place to express our dissatisfaction.  I have seen some good posts on this page dealing with Sprint's plans for Windows Phone.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sprint-Windows-Phone-Petition/233098660099425

Highlighted
Journeyman

Or... maybe this is why they haven't pushed a windows phone 8

http://www.wpcentral.com/mozilla-enters-smartphone-wars-firefox-os-take-windows-phone-and-android

So they don't commit to WP8 but sign on to make a cheap Firefox phone no one knows anything about... Oh Sprint, I want to like you I really do..

Journeyman

I saw that a couple of days ago. You know, I don't have a problem with them doing so. It "appears" that they are wanting to offer more choices to their customers. **BUT** what is really ridiculous is that here they have the 800-lb gorilla, Microsoft, producing a phone that ties in with their next OS and Sprint has been super-secretive about it, and have been on record numerous times dissing the new Windows Phone. If they want to offer "more choices," how about offering the latest phone(s) that are being produced by the one of the biggest tech companies in the world?  The HTC Arrive was all but hidden in the deepest darkest corners of their sales floor. They even went to the point of using the HTC Arrive image as fodder for their "buy back" program less than a year after it debuted.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/10/apple-iphone-4s-htcarrive-abandonment-10-16-2011.jpg

As a marketing exec, I would recommend every "B"-school in the country to use Sprint's fumbling of WP7 (and now, WP8) as a textbook example of "How Not-To Market 101."  Cozying up to Mozilla while shooing away Microsoft, with their ultra-deep pockets, displays a mastery of the cluelessness that apparently is rampant amongst Sprint execs.  Hey SPRINT! How about throwing us a frickin' bone here! Or we WILL be moving along! Your days are numbered!

Journeyman

I have been a sprint customer with 3 arrives on my account.  Sprint doesn't like windows phones for whatever reason.   I say we get the "Smoked by a windows phone" folks to have at the Sprint suits.  If sprint wants to see what demand there is for Windows phones all they have to do is ask the "Smoked by a windows phone" folks to show up at a Sprint Cup Race weekend.  Who wouldn't want a chance to win $100 at a race!  They can do all the free market study right there on the spot.  Put Up or Shut Up Sprint.  Invite the Smoked by a windows folks to a challenge at a race series the your spend big bucks to be the title sponcer.  Bet they can beat what ever phone you have in your pocket.

Journeyman

FWIW, there is an "official" (from Nokia) unofficial (from Sprint, whom apparently still believes that they are the CIA) announcement that a Lumia with Pureview is coming to Sprint "very soon."

"The Nokia veep was interviewed by Neowin and said that for those mobile phone users who want to experience the Nokia Lumia line without changing carriers, "very soon" there will be Lumia models available for Verizon and Sprint customers."

http://www.phonearena.com/news/PureView-coming-to-Lumia-Very-Soon-says-Nokia-VP-Verizon-and-Sprint-t...

No mention of whether this model(s) will include WP8. My understanding was that the Lumia line was "dead in the water" because it would NOT get WP8, but would be limited to WP7.8. Again, with no announcement from Sprint, we're left guessing and still have to make a decision as to whether we can wait any longer! They could solve the problem of customers jumping ship due to lack of announcements and uncertainty, but it's apparent that they don't care.

Well .. that didn't last long.  A competing site corrected the "quote:"

"Update: An earlier version of this post mistakenly mentioned Sprint, we've removed the references."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/8/3145295/nokia-lumia-sprint-verizon-pureview-richard-kerris

Sprint apparently has NO intention of giving their customers WP8.

Journeyman

My wife and I have both had the Arrive since it was first available and we have loved them (definitely better than any droid or iphone) but I also hear that it was one of the worst Windows Phones.  We will definitely be getting Windows Phone 8 devices soon but it doesn't look like Sprint wants to sell them to us.

Journeyman

I had my Arrive since Jan/12 and I love it better than any phone I have ever seen even though it is behind on tech. If Sprint don't have the W8 without delay, I will jump and have been with them since 2004.

Journeyman

I plan on doing the same at the end of the year if I see no news from Sprint about them supporting Windows Phone 8. As for what MisterIndie wrote above, it seems Sprint might be in too deep with Apple to want to sell Windows Phones... my source? How about I go one better and give you a direct quote from CEO Dan Hesse -

“I think the No. 1 thing was getting the call from Apple that they were interested in at least having the opportunity,” Hesse said. Of course, the company and its board had to take a hard look at the economics. Selling the iPhone is good for the long term, Hesse said, noting that customers are more valuable in the long term. But, in the short term, it is costly, as the company spends more in subsidies to attract those iPhone buyers.

“We committed to $15.5 billion over four years in purchases,” Hesse said. “That’s a large commitment. ”He said Sprint looked at Apple and its popularity, and “we saw no reason to bet against Apple.”

Essentially, they sold their souls to the devil... here's the source link - http://www.imore.com/sprint-ceo-dan-hesse-says-paying-over-15-billion-sell-iphone-was-money-well-spe...

-_-

Journeyman

What I’m reading now sounds a lot like before where Owens is saying we’ll be watching and participating. Maybe the same speak because again CDMA won’t get the first or necessarily the best WM8 phones. If Sprint does jump in early or late, looking later now, it must do something it has never done since my first WM phone with them around 2003, the SP2032. That is to PROMOTE the Windows platform,  it won’t be successful without the effort at Sprint period.

Nothing personal about it for me, should be but isn’t. I’m just committed to this platform, it’s a practical decision, not a fad thing, like my office with me wherever I go.

Journeyman

For my family...I have 4 people on my line, all HTC Arrives. We all agreed to skip to AT&T (who has an awesome line of windows phones) if Sprint won't deliver a WP8 by December.

For my business...there will be 250 people changing to another carrier, as well as our DS3 lines. For business, there is no other choice besides WP8. It will support active directory, bit encryption...I.T. can even remote into it to fix or set it up.

Our business spends way to much time supporting iPhones and Androids...they are consumer toys. We need something with substance for business use.

Journeyman

I have been a customer for almost 9 yrs. Since Srint says they will not lead with Windows 8, I am going with another carrier when I see the new phones. Sorry Sprint, but you are late with LTE and later with Windows phones, you are not serving my interests.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat