Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Phone 8

Hi,

Quick background, I have been a Sprint customer for 14 years, and I currently have 4 lines.  With the today's announcement of the detials for Windows Phone 8, I am just letting you know when Windows Phone 8 phones hit the market, I am buying at least one

163 REPLIES 163
Highlighted
Journeyman

They also said it was the most returned phone when it has one of the highest customer satisfaction rankings on their phones website. It doesn’t matter what Ownes says, he missed his calling as a politician. Sprint is not in the Windows Mobile game, never has been. Forget about Sprint when it comes to the Windows Mobile platform.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even so... I am giving it until the holidays before I make any final decision to move on.  I would hate to jump to another company based on rumors and then have a new phone launch with Sprint in October.  So come November... if there is nothing, I will definitely be moving on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will probably hang on until December, in case there is a "Christmas surprise."  Maybe even January, but I can't see waiting longer than that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in the same situation.  I have also been a Sprint customer since 1998, I have six active smart phones lines.  And I too, will be buying a Windows Phone 8 when it is released.  I wish I could say it will be a Sprint phone, but I'm sure not getting a good feeling about that.  I also agree with the comments that it will not be enough for Sprint to offer a middle of the line Windows Phone 8, I will be buying a top of the line model phone.  Wake up Sprint... there is more to the market than unlimited data, That is important but it is not number one with me.  While I'm on a rant...I paid for 4G service on 4 phone numbers for over two years without ever seeing the performance.  I would like to see a deployment plan for high speed, not just statements that it is coming.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guess I'll be leaving Sprint also if Windows Phone 8 isn't offered. Android is OK....I hate iOS...Blackberry failed to impress me. I want a Windows Phone 8! I want seamless music and media sync. I want to be able to keep up with XBOX Live...I can't have these things with other phone's OS...So I guess I'll have to choose between Verizon and T-Mobile...

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://grasshopper49.com/
The Blackberry is the ugliest phone I ever saw. I also want to keep up with Xlive (GRASSHOPPER49). I am a 63 yr old gamer. Am hoping the "8" will have more & bettter X Live features.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Add my voice to those who want a variety of Windows phone options.  We have two lines, both currently using the HTC Arrive.  We love them but it is getting to be time for replacement and I dont want to have to leave Sprint to get the phone I want.  We have been customers for more years than I can remember and I'd like the relationship to continue, but it is up to Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Man I hope there is an Apollo phone by time time my upgrade comes around in November. If its not here by the time my contract is up in january, I'm out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed - I'm glad to continue to update with Windows Phone 8 - definitely the phone system that I'm using going forward.

Highlighted
Journeyman

stop using the verge rumor dated 2/29/12!  its not happening.  sprint is not getting windows  anything.  they have the leaked doc up on wpcentral.  leave sprint like the rest of us windows phone users.  they have EOL'd the arrive which means no updates for it  no 7.8 no nothing.  thay are the only us carrier with ZERO windows phones and ZERO plans to gat more.  they owe too much to apple.  good buy sprint from an 8yr customer.  att or verizon depending on who gets the nokia 920  they rest are refurbished hardware with win8 dropped into them.  yes the samsung and the htc offerings are existing hardware running andriod right now.  nuff said

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea, I’m least 12 years with Sprint and helped them innovative some products in the beginning, but unless some surprise awaits us Sprint seems positioned to get a new Windows phone next year.

AT&T, probably T-Mobile, is getting the Lumina 820 and 920 at launch, GSM, good specs, and excellent camera/software

Samsung  ATIV S, not sure who will pick this up, is also excellent

Verizon looks like they will get a new Windows phone close to launch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I got my HTC Arrive in March 2011, when it was first available. I'm willing to wait unil my contract expires for Sprint to get a Windows Phone 8 before jumping ship, unless I get a bargain worth enough for breaking my current contract.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat