Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8

Journeyman

Windows Phone 8

Hi,

Quick background, I have been a Sprint customer for 14 years, and I currently have 4 lines.  With the today's announcement of the detials for Windows Phone 8, I am just letting you know when Windows Phone 8 phones hit the market, I am buying at least one

163 REPLIES 163
Journeyman

Tiara has been announced in China markets, And Ativ S is available from other carriers. So this does not fit in with Sprint two new devices. Not old ones. I see these just as rumors.

Sprint will never use Nokia because of the CDMA data encryption they use.

Journeyman

I saw the same VERGE article. "confirming" that these two devices are the two coming to Sprint. I cant believe they didnt get the 8x. The Ativ-S is decent but it doesn't scream WP8. It simply states "Oh, Galaxy S3? Oh no it's a WP. Well that's weird." As opposed to what the 8X states. The 8X is an identifiable windows phone and we wont be getting that. In addition to the fact that the Ativ-S isn't a flagship! Sprint what are you thinking? It just feels like they don't want to steer away from the Android market even with WP. The Ativ-S doesn't set itself apart from all the other Android phones out there until the screen is activated. Such a sad story.

Journeyman

The verge claims Nokia is coming out with a new phone this quarter.  Could this be a Sprint phone?  Nokia says a "major carrier", but the Verge claims it's Verizon.  I hope they are wrong and it is Sprint.  Sprint - Please be my HERO!  Here's the link...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/18/4238174/nokia-new-lumia-coming-later-this-quarter-ahead-of-a-seaso...

Journeyman

It's for verizon. I think they're pretty set on that. Plus I've read time and and time again that Nokia phones and sprints signal coding do not agree. However I've also read that Verizon and Sprint have the same type of signal. But in all reality Sprint doesn't care for windows phone and Verizon will probably have the Lumia 928 as an exclusive device.

Journeyman

They said "Major" carrirer, so we know its not Sprint!

Journeyman

So all other carriers have ben receiving new devices (T-Mobile - Nokia 925, Verizon - Nokia 928) and yet Sprint has not released word on anything promising a winphone in the coming months like they stated way back in January. Has anyone heard of anything? I mean it's June and still not even a little message or address stating that there WILL be a phone this summer. No News?

Journeyman

Don't hold your breath. Sprint hates its customers! Besides, T-Mob has recently erased any economic advantages that Sprint previously had. 2 phones sharing 2GB of data = $100/month! An they have an unlimited plan for a decent price too. No contract. Sign me up. When they get the Nok 928 in stock, I'm G.O.N.E.   Sprint has played games with us for FAR too long and I'm sick of it!

Journeyman

Yeah me too, I have 3 lines with less than a year left on their contracts. Then that is it. I'm going to T-Mobile. My 4th line is up but I bought my daughter an iPhone 5 from eBay so I don't extend that line. Yes Sprint a 13yr customer is willing to pay out to buy a phone ($99 new to extend or $400 mint used) than to have to stay with you.

I think I may try to get the Windows 1020 w/41mp camera. Besides calls and texting. Taking pics is the next most common occurrence with my device and going from 8mp (Galaxy S3) to 41mp would be an awesome jump!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat