Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

palm treo pro won't startup

Highlighted
Journeyman

palm treo pro won't startup

Hey, how's it going?

My palm treo pro won't startup.  Actually it freezes on startup.

I updated my version of pocket express, and then changed my Today Screen settings to show pocket express and when I hit ok, the phone crashed, and restarted, but stopped at the blank desktop screen.  I've restarted the phoen several times by taking out the battery, but every time, the phone freezes with a blank desktop.  None of the keys work.  The phone doesn't work.  The touch screen doesn't work.

what do I do?

I don't have insurance for the phone, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money taking it somehwere.

Thanks

Josh

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: palm treo pro won't startup

The exact same thing happened to me just two hours ago....!  I do have insurance and Sprint says they are sending me a new phone...when their system comes back up that is.  In the meantime, I have no phone.  Am going to try a hard reset...

Journeyman

ok...did the hard reset and guess what?  Now the phone is COMPLETELY blank...reset button won't work, taking battery in and out...nothing...and the phone was charged...wonder what pocket express did to hijack the OS?  I'm so done with Windows OS...going to check out the Palm pixi...will be here Nov 15...uses the same OS as the pre, with a cheaper price point...not sure if has same issues as pre (sluggishness in particular), but I've been battling with Windows Mobile crashes for the last 3 years now and I'm sick of it...Sprint's system is down...AGAIN...so, no one can even tell me what's going on or when I'll get a phone.  ARGH!!!!!

Journeyman

Just hung up with Sprint...they say they are aware of the software issue and I'll get my phone in 2 -3 business days from Monday (their warehouse is closed on Saturday, so they can't send me a new phone til then)...in the meantime, I have to go the entire weekend and two job interviews Monday and Tuesday with no phone.  I am alledgedly going to receive a $25 credit to my account for the software issue, but that can't begin to cover the losses I will experience for being unable to conduct business during this time.  Be warned:  this apparently isn't the only update that has been causing these problems....Great job, Sprint!  Why allow the updates without testing them? I'm beginning to regret having renewed my contract with this company....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat