Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tech told me to exchange my q

Journeyman

tech told me to exchange my q

i called tech support today because my q locked up while looking at a webpage. he had me do a hard reset but it wouldnt. so i had to take out my battery then do a hard reset. it locked up again after doing a hard reset. thing is i dont think it did because my contacts are still there as are all my text messages. i also told him that my q wont charge while its on. he said thats not right. also the very first day before i used it, it was sending me unread message alerts ever 15 min.

the tech told me to hold down the middle button in the d pad and the end key at the same time for the hard reset. but i guess i was supposed to do a master reset?

i also went to the store to get it swapped. it said preqkit on it.. i asked her why it had writing on it and she said she didnt know. i said its not a return is it? and she said no. when she opened it up it didnt have any stickers on it, and then she says oh i guess its pre owned but not defective like yours. do you want it? i said "no!" i just got mine a week ago i dont want a pre owned one, jeez! ive only sent a few texts on it and made a couple phone calls and got on the web twice, and you think i want a used one? after her boss sat down next to her she told him she wanted to buy the pre owned q. anyways she says they wont have them for two weeks, but to call back in a couple days. i said well its hard to get thru because you guys wont answer your phone and i live 40 miles away from the store. she didnt say much and her boss just kinda looked at me.

oh, and she told me that the battery thing was a known problem. she said its not the battery but the charger. that they dont have enough volts? or whatever. that she has the exact same charger for her razr or some moto phone. she said that her q wont charge while on either.. the tech told me that hed never heard of it before and was not a known issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Here is the info on why the battery life is a "known issue"

The device has a smaller battery due to the ultra-slim design.  Since this device is equipped with many advanced features, customers should be diligent in charging habits with normal to heavy usage.  Prolonged or heavy use of the following items can be particularly draining on the battery

• Bluetooth enabled

• EVDO vs. 1x coverage or areas with poor signal strength

• Steaming multi-media

• Multi-media use combined with Bluetooth enabled stereo headset

• Data usage (email, surfing web, etc.)

Message Edited by Slim Bizkit on 03-13-2007 08:04 AM

Journeyman

\

yes but she was trying to tell me that phone not charging while on was a known issue. i wasnt even talking about the battery life. i dont hardly use it yet. just a few texts and once in a while i surf the web. i always kill all programs from the task manager. i also saw on another site that you have to charge your battery at least 6 times for optimum performance.

i do not know of anyone else that has to turn their phone off while charging except the girl in the store.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat