cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employer Discounts

Journeyman

Employer Discounts

Sprint has business agreements with thousands of companies and many public organizations to offer wireless services at a significant discount. To see if youand potentially your familyare eligible for discounts through your employer, just submit your work email on the Sprint.com Employer Discount page. Discount eligibility for Sprint or Nextel products will depend on your employers agreement with Sprint.   See if you are eligible here.

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-12 08:53:07

Message Edited by sharmilsape on 02-26-2008 06:22 PM

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Employer Discounts

Have been told that even as a retiree of a company Sprint has an agreement with, I am entitled to the same discount as an active employee. However, I no longer have a company email address. Any sugestions?

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-12 19:30:24

Journeyman

Can someone from Sprint comment on how a company forms an...

Can someone from Sprint comment on how a company forms an agreement with Sprint so that our employees can do this? No one that I've talked with or emailed at Sprint seems to have any clue how the business sets this up.

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-13 19:44:26

Journeyman

Where do I go to lodge a complaint about customer service...

Where do I go to lodge a complaint about customer service and all the service I receive with Spring. If I go online and email, I never receive an answer. If I ask on the phone I either get disconnected, sent to the wrong department or hung up on. HELP.

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-14 13:18:53

Journeyman

Your Mileage May Vary

Excerise caution when combining employer discounts with SERO plans. Officially, it's not possible, although some have tried and succeeded, and many others have failed. May void other discounts as well, so no need to fight a war over another 2% savings on your bill and risk loosing the 25% or so you've already saved.

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-14 14:25:45

Journeyman

discounts are already set for corporate individual liable...

discounts are already set for corporate individual liable. Retail stores should be able to look up your discount. In addition, all government employees get a discount. For example, in Ohio, you can go to http://www.sprint.com/ohio and get discounts (15% off all plans for govt employees).

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-16 19:40:51

Journeyman

Re: Employer Discounts

I am one full year into a two-year agreement, with four lines on our data plan (Palm Pre).  I just found out I'm eligible for a 20% employer discount, but Sprint wants me to agree to another two-year extension to get it.  Does this make sense?  What can't I get the 20% off for the remainder of the agreement?  It would encourage me to sign up for another two years next year!

Master

Yes, That is Sprints new policy. In order to sign up for the discounts you need to agree to a two year contract.

Levi4u wrote:

Yes, That is Sprints new policy. In order to sign up for the discounts you need to agree to a two year contract.

While that is true, the point is if Sprint is willing to give a customer that 20% discount, WHY require the customer to sign a 2 year agreement?  What ever happend to the "No changes to your rate plan will extend your contract" promise?!?  Sounds to me like the customer wants to change their rate plan, and Sprint is forcing a customer to sign a new 2-year contract as a result.  So much for that "promise" eh?

Highlighted

Re: discounts are already set for corporate individual liable...

Duker665 wrote:

discounts are already set for corporate individual liable. Retail stores should be able to look up your discount. In addition, all government employees get a discount. For example, in Ohio, you can go to http://www.sprint.com/ohio and get discounts (15% off all plans for govt employees).

Orginally Posted on: 2007-12-16 19:40:51

Um...that's no longer true (i.e., 15% off for government employees).  I used to get that 15% discount through Nextel, but last year, Sprint CEASED that discount and has since changed it to 13%.  Now, 2% may not seem like much, but Sprint NEVER informed me of that change...and I ended up finding out through my company...and that was only after our company rep was challenged by me and she had to call Sprint corporate in order to confirm it...she was still under the impression that we were entitled to 15% since Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile all offer 15% discounts regardless of rate plans (and that DOES include discounts on AT&T's iPhone rate plans, as well as T-Mobile's "Even More" and "Even More Plus" rate plans).

You would think that Sprint, being the ONLY company to continually LOSE post-paid customers would be offering government employees a GREATER discount than its competitors...not a worse one.

Only with Sprint do you get seriously screwed on discounts.  Argue all you like about how "discounted" Sprint's plans already are, but I could get T-Mobile's Even More unlimited everything plan for $89.99, get my 15% discount, and end up being able to do whatever any Sprint user can do, only I'll have 4G speeds and a larger 3G coverage area...and I'll be able to use my handset anywhere in the world...not so true with Sprint, is it?