cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Exploded with AT&T customers surprised by 'unlimited data' limit

Highlighted
Wizard

Well thank to the Associated Press Sprint today got free advertisement. So today at the home page of msn.com and yahoo.com we have this two articles

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46365854/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

http://news.yahoo.com/t-customers-surprised-unlimited-data-limit-080906861.html

Now I just feel that Sprint has to change there Unlimited commercial to directly attack more at ATT and not be so general. I think Verizon did an excellent job with the coverage map commercial against ATT. Now if Sprint turn to do it with the Unlimited Data Plan. Some of the phrases that could be in the commercial are "Does ATT slow you down because you have and Unlimited Plan" "Are you in the top 5 percent of ATT heaviest cellular data users just because you used more than 2gb" and then talk about Sprint Unlimited Data Plan. What are other phrases you would like to see in Sprint commercials?

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

3020fjr2 wrote:

Well thank to the Associated Press Sprint today got free advertisement. So today at the home page of msn.com and yahoo.com we have this two articles

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46365854/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

http://news.yahoo.com/t-customers-surprised-unlimited-data-limit-080906861.html

Now I just feel that Sprint has to change there Unlimited commercial to directly attack more at ATT and not be so general. I think Verizon did an excellent job with the coverage map commercial against ATT. Now if Sprint turn to do it with the Unlimited Data Plan. Some of the phrases that could be in the commercial are "Does ATT slow you down because you have and Unlimited Plan" "Are you in the top 5 percent of ATT heaviest cellular data users just because you used more than 2gb" and then talk about Sprint Unlimited Data Plan. What are other phrases you would like to see in Sprint commercials?

Well, after i read this i got an idea for a whole comercial here, basically the story is this, three people are in it, one is an (just for example here) AT&T user, and the other two are Sprint users, the AT&T sub starts out okay, but suddenly he starts to talk very...slowly...because...his...data...is ...being...throttled...after...he...went...over...the ...limit (sorry that`s kinda long, but you`ll get the gist in a short ), one of the Sprint folks asks "what`s wrong with him?" and the other one replies, "oh, he`s gone over his unlimited data limit, he`ll be like this till his next billing cycle, too bad."  The first one says, "Wow, he should get Sprint truly unlimited data, so he won`t have to worry about going over the unlimited limit."  And the first one replies, "Yeah, he should, mabey i should tell him, but i`ll wait till the end of the month."  (smiles politely), I think that pretty much says it all .  TK241

Journeyman

I like it.... but perhaps the AT&T guy does what you said... and the two Sprint guys dissapear becuase they have no signal in their area.

p.s. speeds in my area 24/7 are as slow or slower than AT&Ts throttled.

Wizard

Nice Idea and something and average joe will understand. Jswinsinski1 improvement are coming and for the coverage that all depends on location.

Journeyman

And here`s more to add to the idea in my post, As the poor AT&T guy starts going slower and slower (again, due to going over the unlimited data limit ), one of the Sprint guys says, "Wow, this guy`s gettin` worse!  We gotta get him to a Sprint store fast and get him some truly unlimited data!"  The second guy does something like mabey using his handset (which happens to be a 4G unit and on unlimited data too) to look up the nearst Sprint store, AND even get directions to it as the poor AT&T guy in the back of the car is going slower and slower and talking more slowly and haltingly, ya know, this could get kinda intresting .  Tk241

Wizard

LMAO I love it

Wizard

TK241,

I like the commercial idea!

Journeyman

Shane_M wrote:

TK241,

I like the commercial idea!

Yeah, i thought you guys would like that .  And the thingy is, it dosen`t "diss" too badly, gets the point across without being too hard or nasty, and as has been said already, the average joe out there can get it easily enough.  While i do sometimes think dissing your competition is a good thing, in this case it`s defenitely not, all ya need to do is plant the seed, and do it in a kinda funny way, which my idea would do.  TK241