8/28: ZTE Optik Software Update - B12

ZTE Optik Software Update - B12

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Camera Gallery - Orientation

- Tablet shows nowdiplays 3G icon

- SMS functionality

Important Notes:

- Software version is B12

- See the ZTE Optik Software Update blog for install instructions .

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 8/28: ZTE Optik Software Update - B12

I wanted to know are we being charged to text message people? Are we able to hav ea contact list in the tablet. Also when will we be able to make calls from it?

Journeyman

I would love to know about the SMS messaging as well. I have a lot of techs with these tablets and need to warn them not to use this function if it requires a sms messaging plan.

Wizard

The upgrade does give the ability to send and receive SMS messages.  Durring the upgrade, end users should be alerted about the feature and advised of casual billing rates.  If a messaging plan is not selected, casual rates of .20 cents/message would apply.  You can restrict the SMS services on your Sprint.com account under 'My Preferences' or by calling in to customer care. 

Journeyman

Thank you for the very speedy reply

Journeyman

anyone know how we can roll back to the original firmware? With Sprint not taking an interest in upgrading this to ICS or JB I'm doing it on my own, but it's much easier with the original firmware.

Journeyman

I have not installed the system "udpate" yet and prefer not to because of the messaging charges.  I was afraid it was not from sprint because of the misspelled "UPDATE"  Are there other features in this update that we need?  I went to my account and cannot see where to "Restrict Services"  I guess I will have to call customer service.  Is there any way to get rid of the message telling you that you must update?

Journeyman

I was getting charged for text messages even before this update... They assign the tablets a phone number when you purchase them so I assume that I got someones old phone number.