cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Iphone 4 on existing line, HELP!

Journeyman

For some reason, I can't activate my Iphone 4 on my existing line of service with Sprint. I go online to the "activate a new phone" section, but the 3 codes used to activate the phone, do not exist on the Iphone 4 box. It says to put in the HEC, DEX or IMEI code, but the Iphone 4 has neither of those. Help somebody? Thanks alot!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Im in the same boat cant find anything out and sprint reps dont know how to do anything over the phone either so if knows how to find these number please let me know

Sprint Product Ambassador

Check this thread for information on finding the MEID / IMEID code on the iPhone box:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/352714#352714

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Use the MEID code on the box.

Journeyman

I tried to do the same - it didn't work.  IMIE/MEID - nope.  I even tried adding a zero.  Ultimately had to activate via chat and it was seamless.  They really did well.  It initially wouldn't activate when they said they did.  Gave me a code to tick in and poof - all good.  Good luck but I'm cooking with gas now with my new iPhone on Sprint.  FINALLY!

Master

If your iPhone 4 does NOT have an IMEI from the Settings - General - About screen, then it's not a Sprint iPhone.  If this is the case, you can take it to a Sprint store for our Sprint "buyback" program and get "up to" $275 for the phone depending on the model and condition.  Then purchase a Sprint iPhone.  \

Tom

Journeyman

THANKS FOR THE HELP, NOT! SPRINT HAS TERRIBLE SERVICE.

Journeyman

That's not a very helpful post. If you have nothing to add, then go somewhere else.

In regards to activating, I have never liked activating online, I always get a live rep either over the phone, or at the store. They have never failed me in activating a phone yet!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat