Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any former Evo 4G to iPhone 4 owners?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any former Evo 4G to iPhone 4 owners?

I've been holding off on upgrading my HTC Hero for a while, I thought I was going to go to the EVO, but now Sprint has the iPhone finally. If I could afford it I would probably go to the iPhone 4S, but $100 is all I can spend. Anyone out there have experience with both phones, and willing to share their thoughts? Also, I pay the $7 a month insurance (through Sprint) and have had to exchange my Hero, are iPhone 4 owners covered by the same insurance program? I know Apple Care is included for a year, but if you don't want to pay for an extra year, what are your options?

The insurance is an issue because I won't be able to upgrade again for the required 20 months, but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has user experience with both the EVO 4G and the iPhone 4, to help me make up my mind. How does the camera and video compare from phone to phone? Also I'm a Mac computer user, but I use Google for all my mail, contacts, music, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Before coming to Sprint I was with AT&T for 6 years and had an iPhone for as long as they offered it. When I came to Sprint, I got the EVO and everyday that I had it I missed my iPhone. I own my own business in which I repair and jailbreak iPhones (http://imoddr.com) and I can say with absolute certainity that upgrading to the iPhone 4 is a smart move, I wouldn't go so far as getting the insurance because it is cheaper to find someone to fix it or if your brave enough fix it yourself. Some people try to make the 4s sound so much better because of Siri, faster processor, etc etc. In actuality the 4s processor is only 2.3 seconds faster and if you really want Siri, jailbreak the phone and port Siri to it, (the Siri port isn't quite ready yet but it will be soon) so a little patience and you save 100 dollars.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with you imoddr, I was with AT&T for 8 years and had the original iPhone and then the iPhone 3. I switched to Sprint because of too many dropped calls, no flash player, and the cheaper plans at Sprint. I had the Evo 4G and then did Sprints upgrade trade in special to get the Evo 3D. After much frustration with the Evo's HTC Sense constantly crashing and rebooting, weak signals, and cheap tinny sounding speaker I picked up an iPhone 4 on Ebay. I now have a dependable phone with better signal, superior speaker sound, better camera, and Apple has greatly improved video watching capability that I don't even miss the flash player. The limitations of iOS's v.s. Android's open platform are a  minor inconvenience compared to having a reliable phone that does what it is supposed to do and what I really find quite ironic is that the Google Voice application for iOS is better than it's Android counterpart.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat