cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life on iPhone 4 dropped considerably

Journeyman

Battery life on iPhone 4 dropped considerably

Hello. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a significant drop in battery life over the last few days or so. I charge my phone nightly and it used to measure around 60% or so by the end of a day.  Now I'm down in the 20% range for the same time period. I have NOT updated to IOS 6 as there is no real reason to for iPhone4 (4S yes perhaps, but not for the plain 4) and I have not added any new apps. I do keep my apps updated so maybe an update did it, but might be hard to figure out which update since I don't know of an apps update history in iTunes. I understand how things like push mail, etc., can drain batteries but that is not the question. I just want to know if something changed globally that would make battery life change so dramatically over the last few days with no change in usage or habits. Thank you.

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Battery life on iPhone 4 dropped considerably

The only thing I can think of is the storm on the east coast.  Are you in that area?

Journeyman

Thanks but no. I'm in Nashville, TN. All we got was a few days of high winds.

Master

The biggest reason a phone battery runs down outside of use is if it is searching for a signal and having trouble getting one.    Have you checked to see if the wifi and bluetooth are turned off if you are not using them?   Is the personal hotspot turned on?   This could cause and increase in battery drain    Have you made sure all unused application are turned off?     Glad you missed the storm.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the information. As I stated originally, there has been no change in my phone habits. No, there is no bluetooth, no hotspot, etc.  I do understand these can drain battery life but my question was more of why the huge drop in battery life when there has been no change to the way I use the phone, my locations, etc.  The only thing that has changed was my updating some apps through the App store because they said they needed to be updated. I wish there was a way to see a history of updates so I could try to eliminate it that way. Thank you though for trying to help.

Journeyman

My fiance has a 4 and has had the same problem out of nowhere.. and she hasn't upgraded to 6.0 either!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat