cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call volume for iphone is really low.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Call volume for iphone is really low.

Iv had my phone for about a year now and today when i recieved a call the volume was so low I could barely hear the person speaking. I tried this with multiple calls and get the same result. I did not drop or damage the phone in any way and do not have a case or protection screen covering the speakers. The volume is fine on speaker mode or with headphones.

Things I tried so far to fix it:

1. Shut off phone, restarted

2. Restored iphone to factory settings

3. Set volume under settings

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this before I got to the apple store? I do have Apple Care+

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Call volume for iphone is really low.

You probably played with this already, but:

Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringer and Alerts > slide the volume all the way Off (to the left).

Also adjust Settings > Sounds > Ringer and Alerts > Change with Buttons > On, then toggle it Off and then back On

Then raise/lower the volume using the physical buttons on the side of the phone.

If you haven't upgraded to iOS 6, do so.

I've read of some people cleaning dirt from the speaker grill, but I wouldn't mess with that; leave it to Apple. If they can't fix it immediately, they'll replace your phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

archineer,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your iPhone.  Based on what you've already tried (assuming you don't have any accessories that could be covering the speaker), I would recommend getting the device to Apple. That way they can test the hardware of your device and replace it if necessary.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

This response depressed me.  I have an issue with my IPHONE 4S specific to the speakers  and I saw the exact same response posted to a customer complaining of a similar issue.  It makes me question my loyalty to Sprint-they could care less about keeping their customers.  I'd rather take the hit on some of my lines and move to someone else - at least the new provider would show some interest in my contract to bring all my lines over.  I realize Sprint doesn't fix the phones but seriously, we pay Sprint not Apple.  I don't freaking care if you made it or not-you sell it as a product to deliver and represent your "amazing services".  Do what every modern service delivery company does and provide seamless customer service by providing complete product support, not piece mealed.  Go to Apple-are you kidding me?  That's like United telling a passenger to go to a Boeing office to try and get the cost of their ticket back if a flight is canceled because of mechanical issues.  Awesome job Sprint!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat