cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my iPhone5 nano sim, with an adapter, in my Unlocked iPhone 4?

Journeyman

Can I use my iPhone5 nano sim, with an adapter, in my Unlocked iPhone 4?

Hello,

I own a sprint iPhone 5 and an unlocked iPhone 4. I was wondering if it's possible to use the Sprint iPhone 5 nano sim card in my iPhone 4 with a nano to micro sim card adapter? I would like to have the option of using my iPhone 4 whenever I decide to. I already attempted to put the sim card from my iPhone 5 into the iPhone 4, but I got a message that the sim card was locked. Please help!

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can I use my iPhone5 nano sim, with an adapter, in my Unlocked iPhone 4?

how did you get the iphone unlocked

Journeyman

My iphone 4 was unlocked by AT&T because it was an AT&T phone. I was hoping that now that I have Sprint iphone 5 sim card, it will work in my iphone 4 with a sim card adapter. Anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Wizard

Apples and Oranges:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/iphone-faq/differences-between-att-gsm-iphone-4-verizon...

You see, the thing is, you have a GSM IP4, which can only be used on a GSM network.  If all you need is a SIM, you can get one for $25 or so from whichever GSM carrier you decide to use it on.

Message was edited by: seeblue1

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.