cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had experience with reformatting an iPhone 4 to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone had experience with reformatting an iPhone 4 to Sprint?

My less than 3 month old Samsung Galaxy S2 is broke...not fixable at all. We didn't think to insure it because I never have broke a phone...only my OH and so we insured his (irony). Anyway...I'm without a phone. I have no money to buy even the cheapest refurb from Sprint that is still a smartphone. Sprint doesn't bill to accounts anymore and doesn't have any solution or willingness (it seems) to help me use the services I pay a lot for. So a friend gave me her Verizon iPhone 4. After much runaround between Sprint, Apple, and Verizon...a tech told me that since the iPhone 4 is not a locked phone...all Sprint has to do is reformat it to their system. He said if I'm lucky, an actual Sprint tech will help me...but he suggested I go to a 2nd party sprint dealer. Has anyone had experience with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: Has anyone had experience with reformatting an iPhone 4 to Sprint?

Not going to happen.  Sell the Verizon iPhone 4 and buy a Sprint iPhone 4 or something else, all on Craigslist or equal. If you do it right, it won't cost you anything. You may even make money.

Wizard

Re: Has anyone had experience with reformatting an iPhone 4 to Sprint?

stringer762000,

While we cannot activate a Verizon device on our network, you do have the option of using our buyback option.  Our buyback program allows you to receive a credit towards the purchase of a new device, and this option is even available for the Verizon iPhone 4.  At this time, we are offering $110.00 for the iPhone 4 with Verizon 16GB.  Simply go to your nearest corporate store in order to take advantage of this opportunity.  Or you can get a credit on your bill by going to http://www.sprint.com/buyback

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat