Did you mean: 

I can not get good reception in house

Journeyman

I can not get good reception in house

I can not get good reception in my house

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: I can not get good reception in house

Sorry for the inconvenience. What is your zip code so that I can check if there is any reported outage going on at your location? Has it been like that since day 1 or is it just started recently. If you're not getting good reception in your house, I would suggest you to call Care and get qualified for an  Airave device(signal  booster inside your house).

Hope this helps

Abe

Wizard

Journeyman

I had the same problem. Called Sprint and they sent me the Airave signal booster and now I have full bars in my house. Only problems is I drop calls when I go from the the signal of the Airave to leaving the house and then out of range of the Airave. Sprint said it shoul;d not drop calls when switching from the Airave to normal towers but it does. Definatly helps in the house.

Wizard

A hand off from the network to an Airave is not currently supported. A hand off from an Airave to the network is supported, but may fail if the signal is weak when you exit Airave coverage or if you're in an roaming area. So, it may be that the signal just outside the range of your Airave is too weak accept the hand off.

-Donnie

So first of all, I am writing this from the Customer Service page, there is nothing on this page that looks like customer service, it is hard to know where I'm supposed to start.

Second, why am I being charged an "Upgrade Fee" I am paying for the phone and the service, you (Sprint) are doing NOTHING extra to earn another fee from me, I did all the leg work, and the representative at Best Buy is doing all the work activating the phone and already getting paid for it, so basically you are STEALING another $36 from me.

Third, since my wife and I upgraded our phones, our cell service has been TERRIBLE!! No, not just bad, not just worse, but TERRIBLE!! We both had Evos before and our service was actually very good (with Sprint), now we bought the Galaxy III, which is a great phone otherwise, but it has a weaker radio in it, and our service is TERRIBLE, we have only one or two bars most of the time and can't even use the phone at our own house (yes with Sprint).

Fourth, because our service is so TERRIBLE at our house, we have called about it several times...

the first time we were told by the SPRINT representative that they were upgrading the towers in our area in a couple days because they already knew this was a bad area, but after a couple days went by, nothing changed, our service at home is TERRIBLE...

the second time we called, we were told that they would mail us out an "airwave" unit that plugs into our Internet device, several days later, we never received that device...

the third time we called, the lady told us that we should have received the airwave a long time ago, she apologized and told me that she would "overnight" the airwave to us... no device so far...

the fourth time we called, we were told that there is no record of our previous calls, and that they would mail it out to us and it would arrive several days from now, and said that if we wanted it "overnighted" we would have to pay for it... this is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE SPRINT... but you know that, you get these complaints all day I'm sure.

Journeyman

i agree with you...i was never offered this airwave device and ive been calling them since may/june in reference to my phone all of sudden not working properly. was told all the same things you were. about the towers blah blah blah....i mean how long does it take to fix or update a tower. 3-5months is not acceptable. im about to see about filing a complaint with the better business bureau or something. im paying this ridiculous price for a service I cannot use!!!!

Journeyman

Hey I'm right there with you.. I got talked into going with Sprint in October and I soooo regret it. I'm in New Orleans and the service is TERRIBLE!! My calls are dropped almost every time and my text messages take forever. I have a brand new iphone 5c that I really like, but using it as a PHONE to make CALLS is just frustrating. I called "customer service" and was on with them for almost an hour(of course THAT call didn't drop) while they shuffled me around on hold interspersed with the "let me check the service in your area" routine..then I was connected to the "tech" dept and told that I should pay a one time fee of $99.00 for a device that would boost my signal. My neighbors and a couple of friends are dealing with the exact same issues..This is the worst service I've ever had.

Wizard

I am that way not and refuse to get that "booster" just to get a signal. Problem is, MY PHONE IS BRAND NEW, JUST GOT TONIGHT! I had the iPhone4s and now I have the iPhone 5s. Bad decision on my part to do that. Had way better signal on the 4s than I do with the 5s.

Master

Judith9

Thank you for letting me know of the service situation you are having in New Orleans. May I have a zip code and cross streets there so I can narrow down the towers in question? I certainly don’t want you to have delayed text messages or dropped calls. I’m here to help.

*David S
Sprint Social Care

Master

sps20101,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you're experiencing service issues inside your home. I understand you're not wanting to get a booster however, this will help to drastically improve your in home reception. Have you visited www.sprint.com/airave to see the benefits that come with having this device?

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Wizard

DePaul or whoever on the Sprint Care team,

Yes I read about the Airave and you all can keep it! I should not need a device hooked up to MY INTERNET just so the stupid thing can work. Thanks but no thanks! If you all are in the same location as William (had the name on here as SuperWilliamD) he will confirm I already refused it and will never want it. So stop bringing up that device!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat