cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to take my IPhone 4S to Verizon due to continuous dropped calls

Journeyman

I want to take my IPhone 4S to Verizon due to continuous dropped calls

I want to take my IPhone 4S to Verizon due to continuous dropped calls at my house. My husband and I are both having this issue. Serious for him though since he is retired and the only means of communicating while he is at home alone.  I love my IPhone and spent a lot of $$ to get the 64gb and want to use it when we switch to the new carrier.  Our contract with Sprint has expired. Will they unlock it?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: I want to take my IPhone 4S to Verizon due to continuous dropped calls

unfortunately it wont work on Verizon..they use a different band compared to sprint. what zip and or city/state are you in by the by?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Actually the iphone will work, but not flawless (this is if you unlock it on ebay and not sprint) Sprint will unlock only for international use so the US carrier codes will be locked. You will have issues with receptions since it will always look to find a sprint tower unless you keep it in roaming all the time, and even then it will still go to a Sprint tower if that is close and has a strong signal.

Few words, it's not worth the hassle. Just sell it or trade it on ebay or craigslist.

If the issue is only at your house, call Sprint and ask them to give you an Airave for your home since your reception there is so bad, they will give you one free of charge with no monthly charges.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

as long as they meet the criteria. some do not qualify..they will have to contact them to find out

Call 855-752-2026 now to get your AIRAVE.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Nettiek630,

Thank you for posting. We don’t want you to feel this way and we surely don’t want you to leave. Unfortunately, the IPhone will not work on another carriers network. Let us help you with your service at home. Can you please give me your main cross streets and zip code? Let me take a look at your towers to see exactly what’s going on with them. We can get this issue resolved for you. Thanks for your help.

Thank you,

April

Journeyman

Thanks, April.  Main cross streets are 224th Street East and 46th Avenue East.  Zip 98387.

Nettie

Journeyman

Spanaway, WA 98387

Wizard

Nettiek630 -

Thank you for the location. I am not showing any current outages and that the tower that covers your area was recently upgraded. It is possible that the upgrades that are being performed in your area are causing the service issues. I would like to try something. On both phones, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  After that has completed, go to Phone>Keypad and dial ##873283# and call. Let me know if either of these steps helps. If they don't, we can look at other steps to take to get you both back up and running properly.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Actually I was able to do this once. but it was the other way around. I used Apple Care to replace a broken iPhone 4S on Sprint. They sent me a Verizon Phone, and When I called them to send me another Sprint phone, they said no need. They did something on their end, and I did a factory restore on the phone using iTunes, and then when it rebooted, it was now Sprint. EVERYONE says it isn't possible, but Apple can do it. You do have to have a Verizon SIM card though. you can get one on Amazon. Verizon won't send you one unless you buy their phone and have some trouble and need one. Just make sure you get the correct kind of SIM card. I had to try twice with my daughters phone, but it worked.

Journeyman

*Actually* no, Apple can't do this in 99% of the cases.  Technically, the Sprint rep here wasn't 100% truthful either, as it *can* work sometimes.  This is more complex thing to do than just unlocking as with GSM.  With CDMA, the IMEI has to be put in to the Carrier's list by the OEM.  Apple did this for you, that time, because it was their mistake.  They legally can't for the original poster here, as the original poster had a phone that shipped with Sprint.  Sprint and Verizon both don't allow switching to each other's networks for said technical reasons, and Apple did it in your case because Verizon didn't say "No, you can't".  If that phone was purchased for Verizon, then they wouldn't permit this.  See Apple's article:

iPhone: About unlocking

I know I'm replying months later, just don't want anyone calling around more than they have to.

tldr; Apple could in that instance because Verizon didn't have any claim to make it illegal for Apple to switch it.  They can't for OP, as Sprint has it legally locked, on top of the trickyness in getting the IMEI added to Verizon's network.  OP may be able to get it to TMobile or AT&T, but that's about it.  I'd say sell it, and get one on Verizon.  Should be about the same price all told, and much less headache.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat