Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone4 and Voicemail (MWI)?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Wizard

So I was visiting my parents today to help them learn about their new iPhone 4.  There seems to be a problem however... If someone calls the phone, it rings fine.  If the call is ignored or not answered, the call routes to voice mail properly.  But, after the message is left, there is no indication that there is a voicemail waiting.  The iphone, in fact, is supposed to automatically downloads voicemail to the phone for review.  It doesn't do this.  The only way to find out if there is a message is to actually call the number and listen to it there.  I waited for a while (at least 15 minutes) and it didn't come across.

Now, if I reboot the phone (all the way off and then back on) it will then see the voicemail and download it to the phone properly.  Is there something that I can do to fix this issue?  Also, they have an Airave because they get terrible reception at their house... could this be causing a problem?

18 REPLIES 18
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hello,

This does sound like it is related to the Airave at your parents house, although I would like to make sure that is the issue. Would you please call into our Tech department and ask for the Airave troubleshooting department.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Turns out that I tried it on the way home with my wife's new iphone 4S.  She's doesn't receive a MWI for voicemails on her phone either... and that was nowhere near an airave.  What gives?  I'm going to also post on the iphone section to see if other people are having similar problems.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. No voicemail indicator. I have to used missed calls and dial into VM.

iPhone 4S on Sprint.

Wizard

After a 1+ hour call to Sprint tech support, they reset my VM on the 4S.  Now it works fine.  The 4 belongs to my mom and I'm not in the area so I can't call to get hers fixed until the next time I visit.

Journeyman

I am also not receiving notification of voicemails.  How can I fix this?

Wizard

I would call them up and tell them to reset your VM.  See if that works after you set it up again.

Journeyman

Husband purchases iPhone 4s....to coincide with my iPad...and the iPhone has been a pain since purchase, no one seems to know how to service the phone...at local sprint store...now it is posing a problem for our business as there is no voicemail indicator--- meaning we are missing client calls...we now know after reading several post that this is a issue for other owners as well.  Really?!? And no one seems to really know how to fix it...awaiting a return call now from Sprint rep in about 30 mins...makes us wish he stayed with his pervious phone...if anyone has any insight we'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

Easiest solution, Reset your voicemail password Smiley Happy

Journeyman

There's no manual how do you do that?

Journeyman

ON Sprint.Com  1) Log IN to your sprint.com account 2) Click on the my Prefences Tab 3) Click Change Voicemail Password   NOTE: YOU WILL LOOSE ALL SAVED VOICEMAILS AND CURRENT VOICEMAILS   try this hope it worked.

Journeyman

Thanks...don't won't to go that route if it can be helped, this really SUCKS...we will wait for return call from rep first...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat