Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4S and Everything Data Family/Share 1500

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi. I just recently purchased an Iphone 4s and got it in the mail today. I have the Everything Data Family/Share 1500.. shared between three people; three blackberries. I bought the Iphone to upgrade one the Blackberrys. I have yet to call and activate it, but was wondering if I would be able to keep the Everything Data Family/Share 1500 with the new phone upgrade? Or is it not viable?

Please help?

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Anyone?

Master

That plan is fine  everything data share 1500  You may have a 10.00 preimum data charge added do not know if BB were grandfathered

Journeyman

Where there any grandfathered to bypass the $10 fee?  I have not heard of this.

As for the plan, yes.  I did the same for my wife's phone.  We have the same plan for two phones and we upgraded hers for the iPhone 4S, also adding the $10 data fee for her phone.

Master

BLACKD1405 wrote:

Where there any grandfathered to bypass the $10 fee?  I have not heard of this.

As for the plan, yes.  I did the same for my wife's phone.  We have the same plan for two phones and we upgraded hers for the iPhone 4S, also adding the $10 data fee for her phone.

Yes, most smartphones were grandfathered before the Premium Data charge was extended to all smartphones, not just the 4G devices like the original requirement. Phones that were already active before the Premium Data charge was extended to all smartphones were grandfathered without the $10 charge. Any new smartphone activated on that number (outside of a service and repair or insurance replacement) would then require the $10 charge to be added.

Journeyman

Were you able to add the iPhone 4S to your Everything Data FamilyShare 1500 plan? I am on the same plan with 3 phones (2-HTC EVO 4G's and 1 Blackberry Curve). I purchased the iPhone 4S as an upgrade to the Blackberry, but was forced to choose a new plan when activating the iPhone. The plans available are the "Simply..." plans with various minutes. The additional line charges for this plan are outrageous: $89.99 for lines 2 - 5 versus $19.99 on the Everything Data plan.

If you were able to put the iPhone on your existing plan, how did you do it?

Journeyman

If it was an upgrade to one of the phones you should have only have done the upgrade and pay what ever fees applicable.  So why did you have to choose a new plan?  Did you buy the phone to later upgrade the BlackBerry? Doing this it would have given a new phone#.

Journeyman

Re: Iphone 4S and Everything Data Family/Share 1500

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

Yes, most  smartphones were grandfathered before the Premium Data charge  was  extended to all smartphones, not just the 4G devices like the  original  requirement. Phones that were already active before the  Premium Data  charge was extended to all smartphones were grandfathered  without the  $10 charge. Any new smartphone activated on that number  (outside of a  service and repair or insurance replacement) would then  require the $10  charge to be added.

Well, having a contract and not changing it because a new Sprint Data charge it not grandfathered, it is complying with contract.  Now, I had understood the original message, before your comment, about the grandfathered as there were some phones that you can activate at the moment without paying for the $10 data charge because of the person being with Sprint for so many years.  So, it is understandable that any new activation will be paying for the extra data charges, but it would have being great to have being grandfathered because of being a loyal customer of Sprint, like AT&T have done for unlimited data to loyal customers that had being with them before the data cap.
Journeyman

I initiated the upgrade from the My Devices page on the Sprint website, but then needed to complete the upgrade and activation on the iPhone. At some point during the activation, I was informed that the existing plan (Everything Data Family Share 1500) was incompatible with the phone and I needed to select a new plan. The equivalent plan is the Simply Everything for $99 / month (plus $10 for the data charge). Now I have 2 separate plans: 1 for the 2 HTC EVO phones, 1 for the iPhone. I'm going to try to get Sprint to understand the problem on Monday, and hopefully they'll put the iPhone on the Everything Data plan. Otherwise, the Simply Everything plan charges $89 for each additional line.

I was wondering if anyone was able to keep their Everything Data Family Share 1500 plan when activating the new iPhone 4S, and if so, how did you do it?

Journeyman

I did the pre-order of the iPhone for my wife, so I could not activate the phone until received.  However, I never had this issue of having to get a new individual plan.  I was able to just upgrade the phone and extend my contract for 2 years to receive the discounted iPhone price.  So now I have my old phone and my wife upgraded phone (iPhone) in the same plan as before in a two year contract.

This said, if I were you I would be calling Sprint customer service now and not on Monday to get this fix as the longer you let it pass (the two weeks to cancel without ETF), the more difficult it might become to get this straiten. 

Journeyman

Thanks for the info. I'll try and get this figured out over the weekend. There's pretty much zero chance that we'll cancel, so there's no worry about ETF. The phone is very nice, and my wife loves it... so far. Aside from a few glitches with activation, it now works like it's supposed to and even connects to my Airave at home.

Journeyman

im having this same problem. we have the everything data family/share 1500 plan, my line was due for an upgrade so i ordered the iphone 4s. when i tried to activate it online i couldn't bc it said i had to change my plan to one of the ones you mentioned. i dont understand why i would have to do that if i already have unlimuted data??? and im also wondering why the customer service rep didnt inform me of this either. it doesn't make any sense to have to switch it when the plan im sitting in offers me the data i'll need for an iphone.... saying im upset about this would be an understatement. im going to call CS tomorrow and see if i can activate the iphone over the phone without any issue.

if i need to switch plans, i just cant understand why they wouldnt disclose this VERY important information before buying an iphone. i am so very disappointed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat