cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My review of my iphone 4, so far...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me start off by saying, I ported my # over to Sprint from Verizon solely to have access to unlimited data. 

My experience with activation:

My phone was delivered as scheduled yesterday.  When I opened the box I thought that I would find paperwork on how to activate my phone but all that was in the box was a receipt and two sentences @ the bottom stating to call the Sprint 1800 # to activate my phone---this was very different from when I got the 1st gen iphone back in 2007 from AT&T-- I received a booklet with step by step instructions on activating my phone through itunes...but not this time.

Anyway, I figured there would be a LONG wait if I called Sprint so I tried to activate my iphone through my online account instead but this option was not available to me, actually I tried to access this feature several times still with no luck (lol my fault I should have followed instructions). 

Luckily my dad stopped by and I was able to use his phone to call Sprint (I do not have a landline)...after about 15 minutes I was on the line with a rep and had my phone activated within about 5 minutes (7pm).  The rep did tell me that I had to turn my phone with Verizon off or the activation would not be successful.  I have actually read in other posts that this is usually the deal with most iphones that are using the same phone # from the previous phone.

Internet Speed:

I have been using WIFI to access the internet since my phone was activated last night, actually I see no reason to not use WIFI if the option is available to me.

My suggestion to everyone would be to turn their WIFI option on so that when you are around free WIFI (starbucks, mcdonalds, barnes and nobles, etc...) you can just pick that up.

Accessories:

I went out last night and bought a Otterbox from Best buy for about $42 dollars.  I know I could have gotten it way cheap on Amazon.com but I am impatient and couldn't wait all weekend and possibly ruin my phone by dropping it.

Why I chose the 4 over the 4s?

lol because the 4 was cheaper!  I surfed the net all over comparing!  For me personally, I could not see paying for a feature I wouldn't use (Siri) and a camera that is 8 megapixels when my Canon is 10 and a processor that is fast but the 4 is still consider to be pretty swift as well.  Lastly the iphone 4's 8gb, i have barely even put a dent in this and I already have 110 songs and 111 pictures on it already.

Overall

My experience with the iphone4 on the Sprint network has been A+ so far...I know it is only day 2 but I am optimistic.

What's your experience so far?

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

I totally agree with you on the wifi. I set my 4s up as soon as it was active. I to will be getting the otterbox(defender) but im waiting on it from amazon. I can say The graphics on this 4s are just amazing

Journeyman

Re: My review of my iphone 4, so far...

I went with the iPhone 4 too, and agree with everything you said.

What OtterBox series is your case?! It's sooo cute. I love the color.

Journeyman

I feel the same way - went with the 4 over the 4s just to save the $100 and not having Siri isn't hurting me one bit! I have been patiently waiting for Sprint to get the iPhone and I am loving my new phone!

As a current customer, I was able to activate my phone on-line and it took about 5 minutes to do so. I have not one complaint so far with either Sprint or the phone. Yeah, I paid full price but I had resigned myself to the idea that I would have to a long time ago....... worth every penny........

Journeyman

Digging the phone but cant stand the online icoud.com website.  Thought it would be easier to type in contacts from the website, but it is soooo slow I cant stand it.

Journeyman

Here is the issue we are haviing with the iphone4.  The battery is draining like crazy.  we have searched the web for fixes and none of them seem to work.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Im trying to convince my wife to exchange it but she thinks there will be an update to fix it.

Community Manager

There are discussions on the Apple forums regarding battery on the iP4. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2798189?start=0&tstart=0

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Journeyman

Yeah I have been following those, we tried just about every fix to no avail.  I m just not too confident in apple providing a fix for a problem they are not even acknowledging exists yet.  In addtion to that, since we are talkings maybe hunders, or thounsands of users with the issue in comparison to the millions of phones they sell it will be such a smal number that they may feel as though it isnt even a real problem.

Community Manager

Not sure if you saw this yet, there is alot of good info here:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat