cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Verizon iPhone 4 to sprint plan ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Old Verizon iPhone 4 to sprint plan ?

I just got my uncles old work phone that was on Verizon, my family is on a sprint plan. Is there anyway that I can put this phone on a sprint plan ? Verizon is way too expensive for me and sprint is at a great price for me.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

gchssean2145,
The phone would not work on the Sprint network, however you maybe able to do a trade it and have the a line added to your family existing account. Here is a link that will help you locate the nearest Sprint store in your area, http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx. Hopefully the information was useful and you can definitely add that line so you can be apart of our family.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Would I get a new phone exactly the same for free and no extra paying or anything and get put on the plan and just pay that ?

Highlighted
Master

gchssean2145,
It would depend on if they have a promotion that offers that available in the store. There could also be promotions for adding lines that your family could get. It would be hard for me to guarantee what exactly it would be. What you can do if its easier for you, is to check with them before you go, or have the account holder send us a private message via this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to try to assist you further.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

What if I unlocked my phone from Verizon could it be put on your net work then ? I found a news article saying this is now legal.

Highlighted
Master

gchssean2145. Sprint currently does not have the option to unlock your device and have it be used on our network. What we recommend is trading in your device and getting a new one using one our great promotions. - Natalie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

gchssean2145 wrote:

What if I unlocked my phone from Verizon could it be put on your net work then ? I found a news article saying this is now legal.

Verizon won't unlock your device for you. Verizon's unlock policy is as strict as Sprint's when it comes to unlocking. While unlocking may be legal (it was never really illegal) there is no law currently forcing any carrier to unlock. You might be able to pay $100 or more for a third party unlock, but you will be wasting your money.

Sprint has a policy to not activate any phone not sold for or intended for their network. The IMEI of your Verizon phone is NOT in the list of IMEIs that Sprint has for phones allowed to be activated.

Consequently, Sprint will not activate your phone. No matter how many times you repeat the question.

This is why the CSRs are advocating that you turn in the phone and get a new one. That new phone would be a Sprint phone and therefore they could activate it.

You'll further note that any new phone you get for Sprint, with certain exceptions, is locked to Sprint. So, once you establish service with that new phone you will not be able to take that new phone to any other carrier, even if you've paid for it in full. Sprint does not unlock for domestic use.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat