cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Iphone message format is terrible!

Journeyman

Doesn't anyone test there work before putting it out?  The Sprint Message format when sending from the iPhone to your email is poorly formatted.

1.  Logos and other superfluous stuff takes up several lines pushing the actual message out of the preview screen in Outlook.  All essential data (From, Sent, To, Subj, and 1st couple of lines of the message) should be visible in the first 10 lines.

2. The Web Page format of white on black is nearly unreadable.  I have to select all and paste into a text editor to read the message.  At the very least a bold type face of 12 pt font or larger is needed.

I find it hard to believe that any Q/A with customer input found this service acceptable.  And, its even harder to believe that Sprint a mult-billion dollar company isn't following any industry standards in testing a product or service.  It ought to be embarrassing.  Sprint's lab should have at least a dozen setups to run tests on to ensure that your web formats are compatible with all the major browsers and the major OS's and email products.  Especially MS Outlook.  And anything new to bring out should be beta tested with non-expert users.  You would've caught all of these issue if you had those standards in place.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

And your attachment subroutine doesn't zip files properly so anyone on the forum that is clicks on the attachments gets an error message and an empty zip file.

Journeyman

The zip file opened fine but you didnt include the image files in the zip and so there are no images just this:

http://s15.postimage.org/nu5ea3gln/Untitled.png

If you don't like the format you can jailbreak it and use font swamp from cydia (a free tweek) for instructions on how to jailbreak it go to THIS SITE

Know that Jailbreaking your phone does void your warrenty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it does void the warranty but it is not illegal. According to a ammendment to the DMCA (Digital Mellenium Copyright Act), any one is allowed to reverse engineer any device that they have full ownership of. Jailbreaking is a form of reverse engineering and while there maybe a few bugs because the jailbreak is still new, just know that there are milllions of people with iPhones that are jailbroken, myself included, that experience very few problems if any at all. Now while Sprint doesnt offer a forum for supporting those who are jailbroken there are several that do should you decide to jailbreak it. Here are a couple of them:

iModdr Forum: http://imoddr.com/ - this one is my forum and you would get support from me

ModMyi: http://modmyi.com/ - The most popular to my knowledge and very active

In the end it is your choice, and personally, I wouldn't own any other phone but the iPhone simply because of what jailbreaking can do for you and your phone. There is a common misconception that jailbreaking is just a way to get free apps on your phone. It's not. Now while there are ways to do it, which i will never tell anyone, it is illegal to get apps free that origally were not, its called piracy and it is a very, very big issue with any  "REAL" jealbreaking community/member.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat