cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking inactive iPhone 4 for use on other CDMA network

Journeyman

Unlocking inactive iPhone 4 for use on other CDMA network

I have an inactive iPhone 4, but I need to unlock it for use on other CDMA networks. I went to a Sprint store, and they said I need to get the MSL code by calling their support number. I called their number and it was an automatic system. None of the numbers they said to press applied to me for this. I saw an old post where someone got their MSL here after a Sprint employee told them to PM the old number on it and the MEID. Is there any way I could do that?

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlocking inactive iPhone 4 for use on other CDMA network

Hi shibboleth, the MSL code was utilized to lock many devices manufactured prior to February 2015. Please note, while Sprint can provide the MSL code to eligible customers, this does not mean that device will be accepted by another carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities.  I received your Private Message and replied to it. Please check your inbox.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Unlocking inactive iPhone 4 for use on other CDMA network

Ok. So I am in a similar issue. I was recently given an iphone 4 by my uncle before he passed away last month. The problem is I don't use sprint. My phone company has said I can use the phone if sprint unlocks it because they use sprint phones. I have all the information for the phone but I was told contact customer care. Problem is, I don't have a sprint phone number. Help!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat