cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can`t I activate my iPhone 4?

Journeyman

Why can`t I activate my iPhone 4?

I know to activate it online i enter the serial number. I enter the correct serial number and it will not let me activate it. Yes there is a sprint sim card in my phone. Yes it is a sprint phone. Help?

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Why can`t I activate my iPhone 4?

KY5510

We're here to help. Tell us more about what you're encountering. Do you get any error messages online when trying to activate your iPhone? Please share details.

-Ruth E
Social Care Team
Journeyman

I can't activate my new phone

Master

Hello blanca_0517,

I want to help! Are you receiving an error message? Is the phone Sprint branded?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I got a iPhone 4 and when I enter it's Meid number in the sprint prepaid it says its invalid when I enter it correctly

Master

Brownsfan,

That's not good. Is this a Sprint branded device? If not you may not be able to activate the device.

Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes in the settings it says the the Carrier is sprint

Master

Brownsfan,
The reason you're having trouble activating your iPhone 4, for our prepaid services, is because that device is not eligible. Only the iPhone 4S is eligible to be activated for prepaid services.
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

1. Turn on your new iPhone 4.
  2. Connect iPhone 4 to your computer using the included USB cable.
  3. Review the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement and click "I Accept" to continue.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate iPhone 4.
GrandMaster

this was posted back in 2014. if they havent gotten it taken care of by now im pretty sure they probably have a different device or moved on lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat