cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to press 1 to receive all calls?

Journeyman

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Why do I have to press 1 to receive all calls?

JOEKIMES69

Thanks for your post. That is indeed an odd issue. What type of phone do you have? When did this start? What software version are you running please? And lastly, do you have to press 1 to answer the calls? Or are you pressing 1 to get your voicemail?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Robin:

I have an iPhone 4, model MD377LL/A, software is iOS 7.1.1, and yes, I have to press 1 to answer all calls.

I tried Apple Genius and they said they had never encountered this problem, and that it is probably a function

of Sprint software.

Please help me if you can, I am at my wits end and am missing a lot of calls.

Thank you Robin

Master

JOEKIMES69

Hey there! There are some third party phone screening apps available that will make you press 1 if the number isn't in the contact list. There also may be a setting on the app that makes you do this for every incoming call. Have you downloaded any type of app like that recently? Is your phone rooted?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't believe that I have downloaded any apps recently. What is rooted?

Master

JOEKIMES69

Hi there. Rooted is where you disable a carriers software to use on another carrier. If you purchased the phone through Sprint, then you should be fine. If you got it from someone else, then it's possible, but you'd probably notice more than just this problem happening if it were indeed rooted. Do you have Google Voice? If so, access the Google voice app > find voice settings > calls > call screening and switch to OFF. If you don't have Google voice, let me know and I'll do more research.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks Robin. I do have Google Voice and your solution seems to work. Thanks again!!

Master

JOEKIMES69,

We are glad to hear that! Please let us know if there are any questions.

Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

i too am having the same problem. i biught my phone from Sprint Galaxy vS5 aoftware version G900PVPU1AND2

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat