cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 3G Data issues (need help)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 3G Data issues (need help)

I know that a lot of people on here are having data issues w/ the iPhone.  I spent most of last night and this morning, after being curious from all of the posts i read yesterday, doing some tests. 

This is a newer issue for me, as my data has been fine for the past few months since i received the iPhone 4 and has only recently (past 2 weeks) become such a problem.

Service area is 20147

Here is what i've tried so far:

Typical speed test results:  0.00 (yes all zeros) - 0.11 (highest) Mb Down / 0.03 - 0.12 Mb Up - ping ranges from 278 on low end to 8-900s

I've already tried the ##UPDATE# - after two update failed messages - finally got it to go through - realized that my originating external IP was from a block on a server somewhere in NJ (I work in telecom so pretty easy to find that info) and now on a external IP facing somewhere near Baltimore, MD.  I live in Northern Virginia right outside DC - a major metro area with few if any "dead" zones.  Never had an issue like this before.  Followed some other support suggestions and did the hard network reset under settings - that yielded the same results (some tests were actually worse).  Other fun fact: when in the depths of my office, and phone hit edge (O for network rather than 3G) i figured, what the hell - try the speed test - and to my amazement - it WAS FASTER! (.15 down and .21 up)

Now I'm not sure what to do.  I really don't think its a hardware issue w/ my phone unless you have some type of experience or data proving otherwise.  I also did a test this morning with my wifes phone side by side (Samsung) switched over to 3G - and her phone, on the SAME SPRINT NETWORK - hits speeds of 800-900 K Down and 300-400 K Up - with ping under 200.  What is wrong here?  We both get 3 plus bars in the house, which proves i don't live in a bunker nor do i need Airave. 

Someone please help and would like some feedback from a Sprint Tech if possible.  Please don't offer up the only suggestion of taking it to the Apple store - the phone has functioned great since i received it up until recently and I highly doubt that only the data has stopped running properly all of a sudden b/c of the phone.  Then again, you guys are the experts, just please don't make me call into your support again.  Rude, unprofessional, and not helpful at all the past two call centers i've reached - both of which i asked to be escalated to a supervisor, where one of them "accidently" hung up on me.  If you work in customer service and you have my account up in front of you - why do you ask for a good number to call me back at if you have no intention of doing so? 

Looking forward to a response...Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: iPhone 3G Data issues (need help)

DataHound, Could you provide me with the nearest cross streets to where you are having this issue? Is it one location or multiple?

Journeyman

It's everywhere I go local to my area.  20147 - 20164 - 20170.  Ashburn, Sterling, and Herndon, VA.  Pick any streets you want.  Update to my original post: just tried running speed test again, and now not getting ANY connectivity what so ever.  Can still make calls and SMS just fine, but no data.  Just keeps spinning...

Journeyman

Might I add 23454, 23324 to this list, it has been going on for months for me HTC EVO 3D, I manage a Sprint account for work with 250+ devices, we recently canceled 12 aircards due to this issue. We had a ticket in since January 31st.

Journeyman

SprintData.png

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat