cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 Service problem (Possibly Sprint's network)

Highlighted

iPhone 4 Service problem (Possibly Sprint's network)

So I've had my iPhone 4 for about 3 months now, and everything has been good. I'm not worried about the 3G speed because I mostly just use my phone for texting and calling, and I use the WiFi at home for the internet. Up until yesterday my iPhone's signal strength has gone down and so has my 3G. The 3G symbol has disappeared and now has a little circle where the 3G would be. I am also not able to receive text messages or send them, and I receive them late as well. The signal goes from full to one in two seconds. I'm not sure why my service is acting up but I just recently paid the bill which was quite high, and now the service decides to act up. It also switches between the Sprint network and Extended network, which when I have the Extended network, I am able to send texts and make phone calls perfectly. Is there something wrong with a cell tower in my area? My zip code is 10705 so if anyone can check it out it would be much appreciated!

19 REPLIES 19
Wizard

Re: iPhone 4 Service problem (Possibly Sprint's network)

It looks like we may want to re-register your phone with the network. I would be happy to refresh you network profile for you and help get your service back if you would please send me a PM with your phone number.

In the meantime I will be researching your ZIP code to make sure we don't have any outages.

Thanks,

Chris

Sprint Social Care & Support

I was told that there were some problems, and I was told my the chat service rep. that it would be fixed today. My service is still the same as of right now. No 3G but I have service and am not able to do anything (i.e text, call, browse the web etc.). I was also told that my phone was refreshed but would it be able to be refreshed again? And would that make it work? As I said to the customer service rep. I've had no problems with the network at all in my 3 months of having it, just recently this began happening.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue in 81620 zip code. One one side of the street it's "Extended" on the other, it's fine!

Wizard

jcbl,

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues at your location.  I'll be glad to look into it for you.  If you wouldn't mind providing me your nearest cross street and/or address to the nearest gas station or corner store, it will help me to review your location.

Sincerely

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Fergie_B - Draw Spur Road, Wildridge, Avon, CO

Wizard

jcbl,

Thank you for sending me this information.  A quick review of that location does not show any reported issues and while there is some drop in performance, it's only for small periods of time.  Is this a recent change of coverage for you?  Or have you always experienced issues at this location?

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

I too am experiencing network issues.  At best when I first dropped Nexte in April, and went soley to Sprint, because the loss of Nextel was looming, I had 2 bars at home, 3 bars at work and 3 bars around town.  All of the Zips associated are 32409, 32444, 32401.  Now, for at least a month, I have had no 3G, just the "o", or am "searching", which eats my battery, or "no service".  I was told there was a network problem, and that it would be resolved at 2AM on 11-14.  Nope, still paying for service I am NOT getting.  Hope I don't have to call 911, and I DO hope I get a substantial credit on my bill because I refuse to pay for service I am NOT receiving.  I also have already done a network reset, but I guess if there is no network, there is no actual reset.

Wizard

Lesil,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing these issue.  While I understand you are having issues in multiple locations, I would like to know the nearest cross streets to your problem areas.  This will allow me to pinpoint the towers that are specifically affecting you and make recommendations going forward.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

Thanks, I replied via email, basically, this is happening all over the Panama City / Bay County, Florida area.  I manage our 911 system, so not being able to access 911 is a huge concern for the citizens, and myself, as it is necessary for work to reach me if there are issues with the 911 system, that cant happen after hours, if I don't have service.  I have also sent an email to my Nertwork operations analyst for Sprint to see if she can shed some light on this problem.....There is a tower (might have just been Nextel, but spreadsheet shows Sprint / Nextel maybe a mile from my work, cell ID 656, and I get one bar from it now, not 3.  I think there are around 20-25 towers, if not more, in the County for Sprint / Nextel, according to my records.

Journeyman

I am also having this problem, I stay in Los Angeles CA my zip is 91744. ive been having this problem for the past 2 months. no signal what so ever!!! Hate it...finally I called sprint they are sending me a machine to have  better signal at home, but wont do me no good if im out anywhere else. so overall it sucks!! I cant wait for my service to expire never gonna get sprint too many service problems!

Wizard

Krabby11,

Thank you for sending this information.  I'm glad to hear that an Airave was sent to you to help improve your signal at home.  I can tell you that we are upgrading 1051 towers in the Los Angeles, Longbeech and Glendales areas.  We are 33% complete with our total upgrades for our towers in that area.  The Airave will help you at home in the meantime, but I know you'll enjoy the bigger, stronger network that we're building in your area once it''s complete.  We definitely appreciate your patience.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat