Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 dreadfully slow in Bay Area of California

Highlighted
Patron

iPhone 4 dreadfully slow in Bay Area of California

Hello,

I am a recent transplant from central Texas to the Bay Area of California. My 3g data speed was great in the Waco, TX area (consistently 1.5mbps download .75mbps upload) but anywhere in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Oakland, or San Francisco it is abysmal (0.15mbps download, 0.5mbps upload). Specifically I live in the 94086 zip code on N Mathilda between El Camino Real and the 101 freeway but it is similar everywhere. I've dialed ##873283#, reset my network connections, and restarted the phone... the latter two of these actions get me back to my TX speeds (~1.5 down, ~.75 up) but the effect is temporary and if I do 4-5 speedtests in a row it has already dropped to 0.15 down, 0.5 up in the span of 10 minutes. I religiously update my software and apps.

I changed my address with Sprint when I moved and have checked the coverage map... Though my iPhone 4 isn't 4g the map shows I should have excellent coverage everywhere I live/work/play. Voice and text quality is great but the data speed is so slow the phone is almost unusable for surfing the web.

Please help,

Eric

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat