cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms not going through on iphone 4 to anyone

Highlighted
Patron

sms not going through on iphone 4 to anyone

I started having an issue with my sprint iphone yesterday. The iMessage would work for a few hours and then it would go down. Last night I stopped being able to send text messages to anyone. I get the red exclamation point and message failed when sending to anyone at all on any network. When it started it started with not sending to one person on my contact list. On his end it would show delivered when sent an iMessage to me but I would not be getting them. Now I can't send or receive. I've been to the sprint store and called and nobody can seem to figure out what the problem is. I'm running on IOS 6 and internet and email work fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've done a hard reset several times, brought it back up not putting in my apple id, reset network settings several times, just about everything i could possibly think of has already been tried.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: sms not going through on iphone 4 to anyone

Have we checked the towers yet? Can I please get cross streets close to you including the city, state and zipcode?

Thanks,

Ray

Patron

I'm not sure if they did that or not. I know they were down a few days ago and were supposed to be fixed by this past Monday evening. But the problem has gotten worse since then. Richmond Hill, GA 31324 closest cross street to where I am would be Highway 17.

I was unable to search for any cross street with just one street name. can yo uprovide me with some cross streets so I can check the performance of the towers? I was unable to see any reported outages with the zipcode you provided. I did see that there was a text message outage that shows it was resolved on the 22nd. It seems like you are still having issues.

Ray

Patron

Several cross streets around me would be Piercefield Dr @ Hwy 17, Exchange St @ Ford Ave, Hwy 17 @ Hwy 196. I'm not sure how close to me they need to be. And yes, I am still having major issues.

The towers seem to be ok for now. It definitely sounds like it is a device issue, especially since you have reset the device and still not able to send any text. Are you able to make and receive calls? I wonder if you have text messages blocked on your account?

Ray

Patron

Yes, I can make and receive calls and the internet and everything else works. The iMessage works off and on to certain people so I don't see how that could be the device.  thanks anyway.

Patron

Just an update. My account had to be provisioned. Which was something that Sprint had to do. For now, the major problems I was having have been fixed. The others I've been dealing with off and on for the last few weeks and I can wait those out as long as I can text, and thanks to customer service and the helpful lady I received today I can.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat