cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Year Contract Ended, I need my iPhone 4S unlocked for domestic use.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

2 Year Contract Ended, I need my iPhone 4S unlocked for domestic use.

Hello folks,

My contract just ended for my iPhone 4S, I would like to unlock it for domestic use with US GSM carriers.

Has anyone achieved this successfully through Sprint?

Thanks,

Bill

203 REPLIES 203
Wizard

Re: 2 Year Contract Ended, I need my iPhone 4S unlocked for domestic use.

Bill,

I can help. Please send me a private message with your phone number and account pin. I can provide you with the code you need to unlock the phone.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Stephanie,

I have the same issue. I just upgraded to the iPhone 5S and I'd like my iPhone 4S unlocked for domestic use. I sent you a PM with my info on Monday.

Thanks,

Chad

Journeyman

Stephanie,

I am also in the same position, in that my 2 year contract is up and I would like to have my iphone 4s unlocked for domestic use so I can give it to a family member for use on a different network once I upgrade my phone. I sent you a PM yesterday.

Thanks,

Mario

Journeyman

I also PM Stephanie. 

Can anyone update whether or not you received any response?  Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

I received an unlock code, however, there were no further directions. What do I do with the unlock code? Anyone?

Thanks,

Bill

Journeyman

I also received an unlock code, but it did not work to use a SIM for domestic carriers. I was assured by the Sprint Customer Service Representative today that I would just need to provide this code when I went to switch the phone to another carrier. Can someone please instruct me on how to use my phone with another domestic carrier now that my contract has ended?

Thanks,

C

Journeyman

I also received an unlock code, but it did not work to use a SIM for domestic carriers. I was assured by the Sprint Customer Service Representative today that I would just need to provide this code when I went to switch the phone to another carrier. Can someone please instruct me on how to use my phone with another domestic carrier now that my contract has ended?

Thanks,

C

Journeyman

Thanks,

C

Journeyman

Thanks,

C

Journeyman

I received an unlock code as well. Unlock codes are used to unlock non-Apple devices, such as a Blackberry or Samsung. Unlock codes are not required and cannot be used on iPhones. All my research indicates that the carrier has to request the unlock through Apple which is delivered to the phone via iTunes, not via a code.

Stephanie, can you provide any insight on this? Sounds like we've all received unlock codes but can't use them on iPhones. The unlock needs to be requested through Apple.

Journeyman

I too would be interested. As of tomorrow, October 14th, I will have had my iPhone 4S two years and it will be off contract. While I have no plans to switch carriers, having the ability to pass this phone on to a family member using a GSM based carrier at some future date would be nice if I upgrade to a newer iPhone. I have already used the phone several times in Canada with a Rogers microSIM that I keep activated so I know there is no technical reason why my iPhone 4S will not work with a domestic SIM (Canada and the US have the same frequency bands).  Failing that, the resale value of a carrier unlocked iPhone is higher than a locked phone so I could at least recoup more money towards an upgrade.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat