cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Year Contract Ended, I need my iPhone 4S unlocked for domestic use.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: 2 Year Contract Ended, I need my iPhone 4S unlocked for domestic use.

the sprint iphone can be used on a GSM network via the sim card... travel and see...

Journeyman

Called today and Sprint gave me the MSL code for my wife's old iphone 4s but refused to whitelist my device through apple. I requested to speak with the supervisor who went further and lied to me about the iphone not being able to work on another network. They and SPRINTCARE here sometimes word if carefully to say that the phone is designed or optimized for the Sprint network. While true this is simply a firmware restriction and can be removed by whitelisting the device through apple and then any sim card will operate in it (GSM and CDMA). Of course Sprint makes no money off this and apparently doesn't care about keeping loyal customers happy after they upgrade their device. This will be our last upgrade through Sprint. After my wife's contract is up on her new 5c we'll take our business elsewhere. I wanted to try out the iphone using my current SIM card since I've always been on android (and LOVE my unlocked Google Nexus 4). Sprint is promising (we'll see...) that next year all new phones will be unlockable after contract...but are doing nothing about current devices even though it is possible. Thanks for nothing Sprint.

Journeyman

SpencerHawkins: What is your pay with Sprint? Just curious...

Wizard

Not sure what your question directed at Spencer is because he is not a Sprint employee he is just trying to give you correct answers to any questions on the forums in fact he goes out of his way to do the best he can to assist.

Journeyman

If the best Spencer can do is ignore the facts, then he's not really assisting anyone.

Journeyman

Hey folks,

Don't waste your time asking Sprint to unlock your GSM capable devices, they will refuse and tell you it's not possible. They just chose to not implement a way to unlock our devices, however they will have to soon have to because of some laws that were passed recently. Sprint will have to unlock devices launched after February 10th of 2015.

best

Master

ahmb801

I can see where this would be frustrating. Please know that due to Apple we are unable to unlock iPhones. You can check out the link here: ​http://bit.ly/1v38u60

Let me know if there are any questions/concerns.

Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have my MSL code for my galaxy s5... How do you use it to unlock the phone for other SIM cards?

Master

Here to assist RavenNull

This is a great question, are you wanting to join Sprint and unlock your S5 or go to a different carrier with your Sprint device? Let me know!

Thanks,

Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I currently have Sprint. I got my MSL when I got my phone. I'm asking because in a little less than two weeks I will be spending two weeks in an area that doesn't have Sprint coverage and I don't want to roam for two weeks so I was just going to look into getting a prepaid SIM card and use that while in the area.

Master

RavenNull

Thank you for the information. There are requirements for unlocking your phone. For information on the policies of unlocking your phone go to http://bit.ly/O7qKfK.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This post is from almost a year and a half ago and I encountered the same problem. I recently bought a iphone 6. I finished my old contract and gave my iphone 5 to a friend, but she is having trouble unlocking it. I want to know what is the process? She went to the Sprint store, they told her only I could unlock it. So I go to the Sprint store and they tell me they can't unlock it.

I need some answers. What is the process? I sure hope you don't reply you don't have an approximate date excuse. How can she unlock my old iphone 5 that I no longer use? I would appreciate a prompt response.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat