cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Beeps when I place a call..

Journeyman

3 Beeps when I place a call..

This just started happening with my iPhone 4s.  When I place a call and when I answer calls, before the call connects, it beeps 3 times, every time.  I did *99 and nothing was said. I would like for this to stop!  This is very frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: 3 Beeps when I place a call..

Yeah, I can understand how those 3 beeps would be frustrating.  Are you experiencing this at all locations or just at home?  3 Beeps normally means you're in Airave coverage, is an Airave being used or do you know if one of your neighbors has an Airave.  You did well dialing *99 to see if you are in Airave coverage, but if it's finding a neighbor's Airave you may not get confirmation.  Can you verify if any message is stated after dialing *99.  Have you tried Updating the PRL (from Dialing Screen press ##UPDATE# then tap Call).  Keep me updated.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi Darryl,

This is happening every where I go.  I tried updating the PRL and at first I could not make calls, then once I was able to the beeps came right back. I diale *99 and it does say I am in an airave coverage.  How did this happen and how do I get out?

Wizard

That's not good if this is happening everywhere, especially if an Airave is not around.  Where this happened, can you verify if you or someone (neighbor) around you owns an Airave?  You may want to try backing up your device through iTunes and then resetting/wiping the device at a location where you know an Airave isn't around.  If you still get the 3 beeps and dialing *99 confirms Airave coverage, I'd recommend taking the device into a Sprint Service and Repair center to get it checked out.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

The ##Update#  fixed my problem. It has something to do with Talkatone or Google Voice, not sure but its been frustrating. Thanks so much Darryl.

Master

BradP95, 

Thank you for the response and for providing an update to your situation. I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you have any other issues or questions please feel free to post and let us know. Thank you for being a valued Sprint customer and Have a Great Day! 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

Journeyman

This really saved my bacon, I did an apple update and was having the same issue and I really did not want to do a factory reset.  The ##Update# fixed the issue!!   Thanks for posting!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat