cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a Sprint iPhone 4s on Sprint AFTER being on FreedomPop

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Activating a Sprint iPhone 4s on Sprint AFTER being on FreedomPop

I am having exactly the same issue and have spent many hours trying to get my phone activated, but even though it's not on any network the 4s I bought through Sprint will not work.

Master

sarahpoulin18,
I'm very sorry about this. Are you still experiencing issues? If so, are you receiving any error messages?
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I am still having issues. I've tried Best Buy, Corporate Store and CS on here with no luck.

Journeyman

Have tried yet again through CS and online. I am still getting the error.

Master

sarahpoulin18, I know that this has been a very frustrating experience for you. I want to see what I can do to get this iPhone activated for you. I will need further details about the phone. What error are you receiving? Please reply to the Private message that has been sent to you. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It says there is an error activating the phone. I have had several CS, Best Buy and two stores try now with no luck. There is an open ticket on this and they said it would be fixed in 24 hours and it is still not fixed.

Master

sarahpoulin18 -

Please send us the device serial number in private message. We will like to make sure the information on your account corresponds with your device. If not, attending an Apple store will be another option to get a replacement if needed.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. I have an iPhone 5 that came from sprint, then I activated on freedompop. Now I'd like to go back to sprint but when I called the sprint customer care they said it was a prepaid serial number. then after going to a store they said it was not a prepaid phone (apparently it doesn't include iphone 5) so I couldn't activate it prepaid.

So what happened to the serial number? How can I activate it with sprint?

Master

Arielreyes,

Once a device is flashed over to another provider, we can not guarantee that we will be able to activate it again on the Sprint network. If you would like, we can check the serial number of the device to see if there are any restrictions. If you would like us to do that, please send us the info via private message. You can PM here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

so if i have a virgin mobile sprint phone,will i be able to use it with my plan?

Master

vulcan9611, Unfortunately, prepaid devices are not compatible with the Sprint network. Please click here http://bit.ly/1y3Iz0v to see if you qualify for a previously owned device. - Beatrice Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I know this is an old thread but I'm having trouble activating a device that was previously on freedompop as well. It is a Samsung Galaxy S3 but the previous owner told it was never flashed off of Sprint because Freedompop does not require that. A Sprint rep told me it had been flashed off of Sprint and they were unable to reactivate it. I'm finding different answer everywhere. How can I find out if my phone can be reactivated or not?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat