cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation online with a used iPhone 4s from Ebay possible?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Activation online with a used iPhone 4s from Ebay possible?

I currently do not have a Sprint account and have recently purchased a iPhone4s in great condition on eBay.com and I was wondering if it were possible to activate my New Sprint account online while the phone is in process to come to me that way the phone will be ready to use when it gets to me. I would also like to transfer my number over to the new phone before my due date with my current account is due. And I know if I dont pay my current account to keep it active than I'll basically lose my number, plz send me some good news so I can activate my phone today

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Activation online with a used iPhone 4s from Ebay possible?

19Diamond89 - As long as you have the ESN/MEID for the device, you can activate the new account with the new phone to make sure everything is set up for when you receive the device. Please let us know if you have any other questions. -Melyssa

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

For it to work on Sprint, the iPhone would have to be a Sprint model iPhone.  And for you to activate it, you’ll have to be a current customer.  I guess what you could do is open a new account and purchase a “free” smartphone (the cheapest one possible) under a contract, and once activated, switch over to the iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I could not be a new customer with an used Sprint iPhone?

Highlighted
Master

19Diamond89 - As long as you have the ESN/MEID for the device, you can activate the new account with the new phone to make sure everything is set up for when you receive the device. Please let us know if you have any other questions. -Melyssa

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wizard

To clarify for him.  So he can bring a "clean" used Sprint device that he picked up on eBay; bring to Sprint, open a new account and activate it, right?  Is that what you're saying?

Highlighted
Master

seeblue1 That is correct. Should you have any other concerns or questions, we are here for you.

Mirleine
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same question just with an Iphone 5 I'm purchasing through craigslist.... do i have to buy a sim and the plan on day one to have it activated ? if so how much would it cost i want the 60 dollar unlimited plan

Highlighted
Master

Jaysmoney, Make sure the device is a Sprint phone. Visit bit.ly/1pj3Fa4 to view our $60 Unlimited plan. Please let me know if you need any assistance. I'm here to help in any way I can. - Gertrude
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a used iPhone 4s that I got today, I'm trying to activate as a new customer for the prepaid $60 unlimited plan, but when I enter my MEID # it tells me it's wrong, would you happen to know why??

Highlighted
Master

VictoriaLynn44

Let's take a look at what is going on exactly. Can you please follow the link to send us a Private message. 

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Speak with you soon!

Krishel
Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat