Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for someone leaving blackberry for iphone 4s

Highlighted
Journeyman

Advice for someone leaving blackberry for iphone 4s

So, after 7 years I will be leaving blackberry behind and getting the iphone.

Would love to hear about the experiences of anyone else who has done the same - good or bad...

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am doing the same. Moving on up from my bb tour to the 4s. I can't wait. One of the main issues I had with my tour was RIMs lack of support for the Mac OS. The mac version of desktop manager left a lot to be desired and caused me all sorts of headaches when trying to synch data between the 2. Past that I have an ipad2 and my iMac. So I am really looking forward to being on all Apple products and having everything synch automatically for me between all my stuff

Highlighted
Journeyman

BB curve that is almost dead - may last another week or two.

Preordered so I will have a replacement before my BB dies completely.

I got a ipod touch 2, upgraded to 4 and been using it with my BB for 2 years.

It will be so nice to only carry 1 instead of 2 devices I currently do or at least did before my BB became unreliable - sucks, BB is only a little over 2 years and it is dieing.... .

Anyways, you should see a mark improvement in the use of the phone.  Generally, I used my ipod touch for everything - games, calendar, data...etc.  Used my BB for wireless internet, maps.. anything requiring wireless access.

Now all for one and one for all!

Highlighted
Journeyman

GeneralLee3,

You're going to love iCloud then!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive never used a BB but alott of compalins i hear about bb users is the iPhones lack of physical keyboard... Ive been iphone user since the 1st gen and never had problems with it... but if your one of those people that prefers physical keyboard you could by this case that has a keyboard that you can connect through bluetooth its awsome!! lol

http://www.boxwave.com/iphone-4-cases-and-covers/keyboard-buddy-iphone-4-case/bwpdd/pkz-twvc/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane_Mobile wrote:

GeneralLee3,

You're going to love iCloud then!

Don't I know it! That is one of the biggest things I am looking forward to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm the communications admin at my job.  At my location we have 186 cell phone lines through Verizon, 30 of which are Blackberrys.  I was told by the IT manager we will be moving from Blackberry to Android devices due to the Exchange 2010 upgrade and the cost of the required upgrade of the Blackberry server software.  I wish we could move to iPhones because I think some of our users will struggle with the Droid phones.  Personally I've had few issues with the Blackberrys, but RIM has had worldwide outages the last two days and the move to Android will eliminate that issue. 

Sure wish corporate would approve iPhone purchases though...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat