cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleCare+ problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

I activated my iPhone 4S last night after 20min wait. Activation went  smoothly but the rep insisted the phone didn't have applecare+ even  thought I pre-ordered it with the phone and the credit card already  been charged and showed up on my bill. The rep couldn't figure out why  and while he's looking for some answer the call dropped. Did anyone  encounter this problem? I checked apple's website and it doesn't look  like applecare+ applied to the phone too.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: AppleCare+ problem?

I have the same issue. I ordered the Applecare+ with my iPhone pre-order. I received the phone yesterday but my packing slip shows the Applecare on backorder. I also logged into my account and see I have been issued a refund of $99.00 which I asume is for the Applecare+ and will go back onto my credit card used to place the order. I went onto Apples  website to register my iPhone's Applecare+ and it only shows I have the 90 days of complimentary tech support and the 1 year standard warranty. Im on hold with Sprint Telesales to find out exactly whats going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

From what I've gathered, other carrier users are having the same issue.  As am I.  You can check for regular Applecare through Apple's website...but I don't know if they have set up a link to check for Applecare+ yet.  Maybe soon to come?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem.  The lady I spoke with on the phone said naively that since Applecare was on my bill, that my phones were covered.  I tried to tell her that I had to register Applecare with a registration code on an applecare box, but she said that wasn't true.  She said to give it 10-14 days and it would happen automatically.

I sent Apple an email showing my bill that plainly shows I purchased it, and they said if I would just send the registration code from my Applecare purchase that they would be happy to apply it.  The problem is, I don't have a registration code!!!!!!!  I sure hope this doesn't go round and round.

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

Hello everyone.  I was advised yesterday, during activation, that I paid for the plan when pre-ordered phone.  It is shown on my 10/11 billing statement.  When log into account this morning there is a $99 charge.  I called billing and after they investigated they are removing it.  I asked how to register my plan on Apple's website and was told that Sprint has registered me already and can provide the registration confirmation number if I would like to verify.  Of course I wanted to verify.  The agent directed me to www.apple.com\support.  Once there you will need to click register your AppleCare agreement.  Click check coverage link in the Check Your Service and Support Coverage section below the register button.  There you can enter the phone's serial number and see if you're registered.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

Well, isn't that interesting.  I guess the phone is registered for its its first year warranty but no sign of applecare and frankly I'd forgotten I'd already been charged for this. This is all a bit weird - I thought I was the only one who didn't get the protection they signed up for.

Guess I need to make some calls....

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

Same here!  No asnwers from either apple or Sprint.  I paid the 99 dollar fee and nothing!   I got the backorder packing slip when my phone arrived.  I have been fighting with sprint on the phone to credit me for this fee, however they are not doing so.  If I knew this was the case I would of gone directly to an apple store for purchase.  Now I can't do either because they have my money and no answers.  As it stands now my phone has no accidental insurance from apple.  Thanks SPRINT!

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

Spent 20mins on phone to sprint. Unfortunatley the rep really couldn't tell me much or help. She said over and over that I have applecare+ and has verified it and everything. I kept saying that it's not showing up as verified and asked why I haven't received the policy. She said I should get it within 14 days.

None of this is convincing me that applecare is the best idea. I may go and buy a different policy and cancel the applecare. Maybe. If I can bear to make another phone call to sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

I had the same problem. Follow txcaramelgirls advice above. I did this yesterday and it didn't show up but I just. But I just checked it again and it is there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

I don't think you can cancel the applecare at this point in time.  If that was the case I would of done it long ago and opted for in store purchase instead.  Squaretrade might be a better option as well. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

AppleCare+ problem?

worth ave group has better iphone insurance than applecare an square trade and with discount code, cost $85.10 for 1 year and covers even nuclear war.. Yea thats right, Nuclear war damage to your phone... i was suprised as you.

drop your phone in toilet.. its covered

earthquake, its covered

hurricane... covered too.

http://worthavegroup.com   ........... discount code: wagrules

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

@Que_P - I am sending you a PM so that I can obtain your phone number to help track this down for you. Thanks Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat