cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life iPhone 4S

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

Is anyone experiencing terrible battery life on your 4S?  I have turned off all the suggested items to extend battery life per every iPhone forum I can find (location services, Bluetooth, wifi, push notifications, brightness on auto, etc., even turned off Siri) and my battery is dead in less than a work day with mabye 2 short phone calls, minimal texting, minimal surfing.  All apps are closed -- nothing running the the background.  Unfortunately, at this point I have turned off everything that makes the phone cool.  I might as well go back to BBerry. 

Many of the iPhone forums show posts with users experiencing this but they don't directly say if they are on Sprint or not.   As I have been writing this post I have dropped 1%.

Just curious!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

I have been using my iPhone 4S WAY more than you it appears.  I have not had a problem at all with battery life.  I am getting about 30 hours.  Have you tried letting it die on the battery, and then completely charge it while off?  That seems to help with the batteries sometimes.  Are you roaming all day?  That takes a lot of battery life.  I have not turned off any services at all and get a lot of battery life.  I am completely happy with the battery.

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

LexiJack wrote:

Is anyone experiencing terrible battery life on your 4S?  I have turned off all the suggested items to extend battery life per every iPhone forum I can find (location services, Bluetooth, wifi, push notifications, brightness on auto, etc., even turned off Siri) and my battery is dead in less than a work day with mabye 2 short phone calls, minimal texting, minimal surfing.  All apps are closed -- nothing running the the background.  Unfortunately, at this point I have turned off everything that makes the phone cool.  I might as well go back to BBerry. 

Many of the iPhone forums show posts with users experiencing this but they don't directly say if they are on Sprint or not.   As I have been writing this post I have dropped 1%.

Just curious!

IPhone 4s battery life?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

Lexi, I am in the same boat as you. My battery life is HORRIFIC. I went to the Apple Store to the genius bar and the did a restore and still the life is horrible. While I shut down the same things as you did, I didn't buy this phone to be turning things off. I am bringing it back and going back to my BB. The only bad thing is my son will be disappointed as I gave him my 9650 Bold.

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

I FINALLY taked them into sending me a new unit to try. My wife and son have no problem, but my phone is dead after 6 hours of STANDBY in my office with all notifications, etc. turned off. I have 3 bars of service in my office so it can't be a signal search issue either... they must have a batch of bad batteries out there...

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

I don't know what u guys are doing but I have had no issues with the battery on my 16 gig 4s. Charge it overnight while I sleep, take it off the charger at about 9 am. I have wifi, bluetooth, fetch and push email all turned ON all day. Use it a fair bit for texts, emails, calls, browsing, apps, etc. I quit my apps when I am done using them as I do on my ipad2. By the time my iPhone goes back on the charger around midnight it's still at about 55 percent fully charged. Oh and I usually have it on vibrate during the day as well

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

I just bought 3 of these iPhone 4s and all but 1 seem to be doing OK.  One of the phones seems to lose it's battery lilfe pretty fast and that phone is used less than the other two.  We heard other blogs that the iPhone 4s has an issue with their batteries?

Wizard

Battery Life iPhone 4S

Try these:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109087467436585685463/posts/Zukh8dFh7Ao

It sounds like some of these adjustments may directly address the problems which will be getting a fix from Apple in the next couple weeks.

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

The poor battery life on the iPhone 4S is not a Sprint iPhone specific issue.  The poor battery life issue is prevalent among all users of iPhone 4S including those from Verizon and ATT as well as any user of iOS 5.  Apple has acknowledged this and is believed to be a software issue with iOS 5.  Apple has already released a beta version of iOS 5.0.1 to devs for further testing and approval.  Expect a fix soon for battery life issues.

Article of reference that Apple acknowledges battery problems with ios 5.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/02/apple-confirms-ios-5-bugs-causing-battery-drain-promises-a-fix/

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

I have had nothing but trouble withthe life of my battery. Most of the time I can get two calls and about three text and it dead. I am on my third battery. I have to keep on charged all the time and always keep my car charger and home charger when I walk out the dook. It SUCKS.. Anybody have any helpful hints???

Journeyman

Battery Life iPhone 4S

I had similar problems, battery would loose about 10-20% per hour, wouldn't even make it to noon, very little usage.  Took it to the Apple store, they did a master reset and reloaded the OS and everything is working better now, I can get about 1.5 days of battery life.  Hope this helps

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat