cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T SWAP FOR CALL WAITING

Journeyman

CAN'T SWAP FOR CALL WAITING

All of these issues are getting ridiculous.  Now whenever I am on my iPhone 4s and hear a beep that there's a call waiting coming in, it does not show me who is calling in nor is there the swap button to click over to answer the other call.  Unless the person calling leaves a voicemail, I have no idea who called because it does not even show up in my missed calls.  What is going on???  My husband has the same problem on his iPhone 5,

Tags (2)
18 REPLIES 18
Wizard

Re: CAN'T SWAP FOR CALL WAITING

LYVTAN2

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This sounds like it's not the only problem you have had?

Perhaps we can set up an appointment with a Sprint store to have the phone diagnosed for an issue. I would be happy to find a location near you if you would post your ZIP code.

In the meantime, have you tried power cycling the phone? Power completely off and bring it back up. I also suggest checking the software to make sure you are up to date. This can be found under settings>General

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. Call waiting beeps and then does not show who is calling and I can not click over. Also, getting phone calls showing 865-6696, where can you see what calls have come into your phone that are missed?

This is very frustrating.

Journeyman

I had the same problem for about 2 weeks then last week I just rebooted the phone and it started working properly?

Journeyman

I have had the same problem with my iPhone 4s and resetting the phone solved the problem.  Go to Settings, select General, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Reset, then select Reset All Settings.  The phone will reset and none of the applications or data is affected.  DO NOT select Erase All Content and Settings unless you want to clear all data from the phone also. I hope this solves your problem

Journeyman

So I have the same issue and it only just started.  I called the Apple Support number and they wanted to charge me $65 for technical support.  I've found other on line discussions that suggested reset network settings which I have done, but have not yet confirmed that it will work.

Journeyman

Im having the same problem with my Galaxy s5 and its becoming annoying. You hear the beep but the phone doesn't react to give option to answer. This used to happens sometimes when I had my htc evo4g lte but it has a flash button that I could use to click over. The galaxy s5 don't have a flash option which sucks.

Master

GETBIZZYBAM, Thank you for reaching out! Have you tried power cycling the device and refresh? Also, have you been to a service and repair center for hands on troubleshooting? Let me know! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Does anyone know if this issue can be fixed? If so, how?

The store could not help.

Master

JJW110,

Hmm. You should see a screen that pops up with the option to swap. If you aren't seeing this, I would recommend attempting to update the software or taking the device into a Service and Repair location for assistance.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

HI

I had the same issue with my earlier Samsung S3 and now the same issue still exists with my Samsung S5 as well. So I did prove that its not the phone because for humor I did factory reset and erased everything on the phone. Still the call waiting/call swap does not work. I was only able to make it work in this one scenario, I call to a cell phone first and then if a second person calls me, I am able to swap the call and talk to the second person. I can swap back and talk to the first person I made the call too. But if I receive the call first on my cellphone and if a second person calls me, I am not able to swap the call. Its just a blank connection. So it has to be something with the carrier settings. Please help.

Journeyman

I have the same issue still and can not find help

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat