cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still get iphone 4s on release day after work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello all,

I know this might sound crazy especially on launch day, but I'm trying to get an iPhone 4s. I didn't pre-order nor am I going to wait in that crazy line outside of apple or the sprint store. My question, is it possible to get an iPhone right after work after the hype dies down, or am I too late and gotta wait like the rest of the world 2-3 weeks to receive it? I'm thinking of stopping by Best Buy Mobile after work or Radio Shack. Try it or waste of time. Advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I honestly think it would be a waste of time...I think, for the most part, the stores are sold out by the end of the first day. But I'm sure there are exceptions to that. If a store isn't too far away I don't think it would hurt to stop by.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You COULD, yes; but if you SHOULD is a matter of your discretion. It's launch day, most of the stores probably sold out within the first hour. The retail stores only receive a certain amount of units, so once they're out they have to wait for more shipments. Even so, most of the preceding shipments will probably go to people who pre-ordered while they were in-store and the units were sold out.

Best bet is to either or online and wait for it to ship (whenever that may be), or give a couple stores a quick call while leaving work and simply ask if they have any devices in-stock. Either way, you'd be avoiding going out of your way to get to a store just to find out they're sold out.

Just my advice...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm going to agree with the overall theme of the other answers.  Yes, it would be a waste of time, but that's all depending on your area.  Last night I had to go to Best Buy to pick up some movies and there were a million people in the cell phone section asking about the iPhone 4S and if they could hold it for them.  The poor employee looked tired of giving the same answer.  So I think they're going to be sold out...at least in my area.  If there wasn't a bunch of hype where you live, maybe.  Also, Radio Shack isn't usually thought of anymore as the "go to" place for phones...so hopefully since people don't think of them first, they'd have some available.  Doesn't hurt to call and ask before you leave. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My thought exactly with Radio Shack.  When's the last time you saw a crowd in a Radio Shack store?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't even remember seeing a customer in a Radio Shack...let alone a crowd.    Still, maybe call before you go in... 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Best Buy is your only hope, and that depends on whether or not your local ones received a good quantity or not. Apple hands out 'golden tickets' to customers when they open in the morning, handing one to every customer who wants to purchase an iphone, until they run out of tickets, which corresponds with their inventory. Once they are done giving those tickets out, everyone else who was in line is out of luck. THEN the line starts to move. (And subsequently usually takes all day.) Even for those who pre-ordered and selected in store pick up will wait in line. Last year for the iPhone 4 release, I had 2 friends who did pre-order in store pick up, and they waited in line for over 4 hours. (They didn't get to the apple store until 5pm, and didn't leave until somewhere around 10pm.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Walked right up to sprint kiosk in the mall, no wait at all at 3:00 pm est.  got the new iphone 4s in hand, no worries.  Apple store still had alot when I left the mall at 5:00pm with only a few in line and that was becasue they are only letting a certain amount of people in the store at a time. 

So it looks like I probably got mine faster than some pre-orders anyway. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat