cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my $150 upgrade with the iPhone 4S???

Journeyman

I can't find a straight answer. I have a $150 upgrade discount ready to use. Will I be able to use it towards the iPhone 4S?? (making the total price $49.99?) Or will I have to pay the $549 or whatever it is?

From what I have heard, current Sprint customers who have been with Sprint for years, are pretty much being scammed in this situation,

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

Sounds like you are elgible for an upgrade, you will probably pay $199 for a IPhone 4S 16G which includes a major discount (e.g. I wouldn't expect an addition $150 off that price).  You should know in a couple of days though, report back on the price.

Journeyman

Bbucy is right...you will pay 199 for the 4 s if you are upgrade eligible but i think  599 otherwise

You can preorder the iphone4 right now (4s preorders start friday). when i added to my cart, it was 99 for me on a line where i was upgrade eligible

Journeyman

Sure you can use your $150 upgrade. Only catch is, because you are a "Loyal" customer, Sprint will reward you with $150 less in discounts over what it will give to a "New", not loyal, customer.

It's Sprint's way of saying "Thanks, but no thanks for being a loyal customer"

Journeyman

Re: Can I use my $150 upgrade with the iPhone 4S???

Its not Sprints fault that you can't read. $150 dollars off OR national advertised price whichever is greater. Just like every other carrier new contract or upgrade pricing is the same.

Journeyman

Since you read better than almost everyone here, please answer these for me -

What is the price advantage for a 5+ year Sprint customer, who has not claimed any upgrade discounts for past 4 years over a new customer?

What do I get for my loyalty vs a new customer?

What do I get for not claiming any upgrade discounts for 4 years (a $300 value) vs a new customer?

Journeyman

You get everything that Verizon and AT&T gives. Nothing on the record. Maybe a little leeway on some issues you may have. Sprint gave yearly upgrades for about 4 years and it isn't sustainable. I signed a contract and saved $450 dollars on both phones which equals to $900 dollars. And great monthly rates Im good with that

And no its not a $300 value. Its save money if you decide to upgrade thats it nothing more nothing less

Journeyman

I feel the same way.  There is no customer loyalty and I will be doing the same.  Just like the Satelite companies the New customer gets the deals.  I guess at least with the phone companies the loyal customer gets the same price.  So just like the Satelite companies I will be changing companies every 2 years or which ever has the best deals.  One would think that at least the activation fee could be waived for a loyal customer.  Our 2 year contract is up in January and I may be taking my 5 lines somewhere else.

Highlighted

DandMJohns wrote:

I feel the same way.  There is no customer loyalty and I will be doing the same.  Just like the Satelite companies the New customer gets the deals.  I guess at least with the phone companies the loyal customer gets the same price.  So just like the Satelite companies I will be changing companies every 2 years or which ever has the best deals.  One would think that at least the activation fee could be waived for a loyal customer.  Our 2 year contract is up in January and I may be taking my 5 lines somewhere else.

You will not be treated any different with any other mobile phone carrier you go to,all carriers charge the same when it comes to new customers and currents ones when going for any new mobile phones.

Journeyman

Not True.  Verizone told me today they will wave all activation fees for all 5 lines. 

Journeyman

I had the "activation fees" waived on both my lines with AT&T.  After 6 years with Sprint they wouldnt even waive this fee.  Already another provider is treating me $72 dollars better than Sprint did.

Agree.....you get treated better as a new customer.  I think in 2 years Im going to give Verizon a try.

DandMJohns wrote:

Not True.  Verizone told me today they will wave all activation fees for all 5 lines. 

Activation fee is for new customers but for current customers it is a upgrade fee.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat