cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my $150 upgrade with the iPhone 4S???

Journeyman

Re: Can I use my $150 upgrade with the iPhone 4S???

Exactly.  Thats why people say "new customers" get treated better than loyal customers.  I am just assuming all the carriers are like this.  I went to AT&T after 6 years with Sprint and AT&T was already $72 cheaper than Sprint to start with.  I think after my two years I will give Verizon a try.  I have realized there is no loyalty to the customers.

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

DandMJohns wrote:

Not True.  Verizone told me today they will wave all activation fees for all 5 lines. 

Activation fee is for new customers but for current customers it is a upgrade fee.

Journeyman

I got two different answers and the correct one is: the $150 is the MINIMUM upgrade discount that Sprint will give you;

When you get the iPhone 4S 16Gb, you pay $199.99 which your $150 discount plus additional incentives are already off the total $649.99 price.

I just upgraded last week and I also thought I'd get the iPhone for $50 but it was indeed too good to be true!

Journeyman

Lazhil,

I just got the iPhone 4s 16GB and was also hoping for a $50 iPhone with the $150 discount...but you're right: Too good to be true. I wish Sprint had never put that "Save $150 on a new phone!" tag on my account. What a dirty trick.

These are prices on sprint website include $150.00 discount and there are no dirty tricks at all.

iPhone 4 8GB $99.99

iPhone 4s 16GB $199.99

iPhone 4s 32GB $299.99

iPhone 4s 64GB $399.99

Journeyman

Yes, VorlessDarkChaos, I understand that the prices for the iPhone 4s  are listed on the Sprint online store. But here's the issue and the  reason I feel that the $150 savings offer for a new phone was a dirty trick:

In my sprint account, right next to a pic of my current phone, was a notification that read: "Save $150 on a new phone now! Thanks for sticking with us! You qualified to save $150 as of [date]." Then right underneath this notification was a button that read, "Upgrade this phone"

I thought to myself, "Wow! Sprint really rewards their customers for being loyal and staying with them long-term! The 16GB iPhone 4s cost $199.99 at the online Sprint store and with my "Save-$150-on-a-new-phone-now!-Thanks-for-sticking-with-us!" loyalty savings I can get an iPhone for $49.99!! Wow, it pays to be loyal! Thanks Sprint!"

Apparently, not so.

If you're a new customer, you pay 199.99 for the 16GB iPhone 4s.

If you're a loyal customer with a $150-Thanks-for-sticking-with-us! "savings", you still pay 199.99 for the 16GB iPhone 4s.

I felt cheated. That's why I thought it was dirty. Better if Sprint had never posted that $150 savings notification in my account so I wouldn't have false hopes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly hollandmd!  It feels like us "loyal" customers are getting scammed.  I have until Feb 28th before my 2 years is up and I will give Sprint one chance to wave the upgrade fees at least or I am gone. 

Journeyman

If they agree to waive your "upgrade fees," ask for this in writing.  I have seen a number of people come on this forum complaining that they were verbally told they would get their upgrade fee waived.  Then when the bill comes in (over 14 days later), the upgrade fee is on the bill and Sprint has been reluctant to take it off. 

DandMJohns wrote:

Exactly hollandmd!  It feels like us "loyal" customers are getting scammed.  I have until Feb 28th before my 2 years is up and I will give Sprint one chance to wave the upgrade fees at least or I am gone. 

Journeyman

Go directly to the store. Sprint over the phone wanted to charge me a termination fee to upgrade a month before my upgrade window but the store was able to let me upgrade with no termination and waiving the $36 upgrade fee.

Journeyman

What Im talking about is people have been told (in person in the store) that they will have their activation fee waived.  Then over 14 days later they get the bill and they are charged the activation fees.  Basically they were lied to (supposedly).  If you are in store I would get them to put this in writing on your receipt or paperwork somehow. 

Have you upgraded?  Keep us updated when you get your bill.  The bill should show the upgrade fee and then a credit for the upgrade fee underneath it.

Lazhil wrote:

Go directly to the store. Sprint over the phone wanted to charge me a termination fee to upgrade a month before my upgrade window but the store was able to let me upgrade with no termination and waiving the $36 upgrade fee.

Master

If a store promised you the upgrade fee will be waived they are the ones responsible for taking care of it   I would certainly  get it  in writing so they can refund it if you are charged.  Currently I am not aware of any promotions at the store where the activation or upgrade fees will be waived.  As I work in tech I may not have heard.

The promise of activation fees being waived in my experience comes from 3rd party venders  like radio shack   best buy or other authorized retailers.

Journeyman

It did not show up. Best way to do it, is to make a huge stink about it on Sprint's Facebook page. The store did something to my account in regards to Apple Care+ and through airing it out on social networks, Sprint and the store did all I asked them to.

Journeyman

How did you think you were going to get a brand new iphone 4s for only $49????

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat