cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my $150 upgrade with the iPhone 4S???

Wizard

The only person that thinks they can get a 16 gig iPhone 4S is someone who doesn't read the cost and subsidy discounts.

Master

To hollandmd ~ On behalf of Sprint, we apologize for the confusion.  I agree that the "$150" quote is confusing and we are moving to a more streamlined upgrade process.  The $150 quote has come from the industry standard for upgrade discounts given by cellular carriers.  It's meant to state that at the time of upgrade, you receive "no less" than a $150 discount off the MSRP of a new device.  For the iPhone 4S 16GB, the MSRP is $649.99, so being able to purchase this device for $199.99 because you are eligible for upgrade is a much better deal than $649.99 - $150.  Addtionally, many customers are missing the benefit and gratitude we show our loyal customers by offering them the same "new customer" discount every 20 months. It's our way of saying Thank you for staying with us. 

Tom

Wizard

I never understood why it was so hard for people to understand the upgrade process as it is the same with all carriers. You do not get both the $150 AND the new customer pricing. You get whichever is cheaper. The $150 is off the MSRP, NOT new customer pricing.

Journeyman

Re: Can I use my $150 upgrade with the iPhone 4S???

Well i just found this out the hard way.  And yes, I am pissed off about it and feel cheated. Why isnt this explained more clearly? i was planning my whole buying decision off of this ability to upgrade for an ADDITIONAL $150 off. I feel like i just wasted like 3 weeks of waiting for the new evo to be available through sprint.

So as not to sound overly negative here, I will commend Sprint for having unlimited Data/text/mobile-to-mobile/gps/etc. I can't get over how verision/at&t charge extra for more than 2gb. SPRINT DON'T U EVER STOOP TO THAT LEVEL!!!!!!    Cheers 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat