cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use someone elses upgrade? as in they upgrade but then swap esn with me?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Patron

So my father is ready for a upgrade while my account is not, so i was trying to figure out a way to get either the new epic or the iphone but i wont be ready for an upgrade for a few more months. so is there anway he can buy the phone then swap it over to my number? HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE.

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

If he is on your account than yes, if he has his own account than no.

-Alec

Patron

we are all under his account. may i know how would i be able to do this only paying the retail price of $200?

Wizard

Re: Can i use someone elses upgrade? as in they upgrade but then swap esn with me?

You would process the upgrade as usual on his phone and then either call in or go to a Sprint store and ask them to perform a flip-flop between the lines you want. It's kinda' time consuming but will allow you to get the phone you want.

Some things to keep in mind: The contract will be extended on the line that is upgrade and will not be reset unless the phone is returned and your Dad will need to use your eligibility if/when he decides to upgrade necessitating the same thing to happen to get his new phone active on his line.

Edit: See also: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/155058#155058

-Alec

Message was edited by: CliffyMcJ

Patron

Can i do this threw the apple store?

Journeyman

No, you would need to do it in a Sprint store.

Patron

Actually i asked the people at best buy and they told me that sprint has that 30 day waiver thing that wont allow you to switch the phones.

Journeyman

You can do it but on the same account, not different accounts. Ex: You upgraded your line but want your wife to have the iphone and she is on your account. YES you can do this. You CANT upgrade your line and give it to your cousins sisters best friend who is not on your account. They won't be able to activate it per Sprint Policy.

Patron

oh you got it wrong, its a family account, me, my father, mother and brother. My father is the one with the upgrade eliglblity. we are on contract threw his name so we are all under the same account. Thanks for the help.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat