cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls on one phone, other is fine

Journeyman

Can't make or receive calls on one phone, other is fine

H, we bought two 4S phones, mine works fine, wife's stopped being able to make or recieve calls this morning at home (San Antonio, TX 78249).  Went to Sprint store and told it was a hardware issue (couldn't make calls from here either).  Went to Apple store (couldn't make calls from here either) they said it was a network issue but gave us a new phone anyway since we have apple care.  Went home, installed IOS update, made a couple calls then we were not able to make or receive calls again.  Have done a reset - erase all content and settings, twice.  still not working.  In all locations when her phone doesn't work, we can make calls with my phone.  any suggestions?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Can't make or receive calls on one phone, other is fine

I just want to clarify a few things, you said "at home" so the phone does work fine in other locations? Does the phone show Sprint at the top left with any signal bars? Is the phone able to access data on 3G network? What happens exactly when trying to make a call? For example do you hear an error message or does the phone just show connecting but never start the call timer. What do others hear when trying to call you? Do you receive any missed voicemail messages.

Journeyman

The phone hasn't worked in other locations either such as driving around town, at the Sprint store, at Walmart, at the Mall.  Yes the phone shows Sprint and signal bars and 3G.  I didn't try to access data on the network so I am not sure.  She is able to send and receive messages to me over WiFi however that service seems very slow.   When she tries to make a call, the phone shows connecting but the call timer never starts and will eventually show a screen that says call failed I believe, and there is no sound coming through the phone while it is trying to connect.  When others try and call, it rings a few times and then goes to voicemail.  No we don't receive any missed call messages or voicemail messages.  She is at home now and I am at work.  I just called her and she actually got the call and we talked.  I then told her to call me back but she couldn't so she sent me an email from our computer to let me know.  I then tried to call her again and she did not get the call, it rang a few times and went to voicemail.  Perhaps there is intermittent issues with the network? 

Wizard

That's what it sounds like because I don't see any voice outages that could possibly be affecting that phone (yes it's possible for an outage to affect one phone and not the other not common though), you should definitely call in and so we can have a network ticket created, we will still need to perform a few troubleshooting steps and we will need to have our network group investigate. When you call in make sure you stress the point the phone was exchanged and the same issue is occurring, it's only happening on one line, and it's in multiple locations, also make sure you get the ticket number, it should look something like 19xxxxxx-xxxxxx (last part should be the date i.e. xxxxxxxx-120504). If you don't get a chance to call in by tomorrow I would be glad to help you out with it, I will be back in the office tomorrow.

Journeyman

Thanks Shane, we will give them a call today.  Will post results tonight for documentation purposes.

Journeyman

I fixed the problem on my moms android by updating the prl. My friend has an iphone 4s here in San Antonio as well and I told him to do the same after he wen through the same thing you did and it fixed the problem right away.

I dont understand why sprint is so horrible in San Antonio right now. I hope its just upgrades to make the network better.

Update your Sprint iPhone's Profile / PRL by dialing: ##873283#

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat