Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pre-order iPhone at the store

Journeyman

So Sprint.com said ysterday that you could pre-order iPhones at the local sprint stores.  So I went there today.  Waste of time.  They took my name and phone number, then told me all they have is an unofficial list.  The only way for me to get the phone through them is to be at the store next Friday morning, and sign up for an appointment later that same day.  When I asked then what was the point of taking my name and number now, there was no answer.  I wish sprint would have stated that at sprint.com yesterday, so I wouldn't have wasted my time going to the store today.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am sorry, but I knew it was ONLY online to preorder. Maybe you just didn't read it completely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually called the local store 2 days before to confirm.  They told me they would be taking pre orders.  I asked if they would do it over the phone ane the guy told me no.  I would have to go to the store because once I pre-ordered, I would received a certificate for the phone, and they weren't allowed to hold the certificate for anyone.  So I went.

Also, the link you posted says you can pre-order online.  It does not say "only" online, or specifically, "not at the store".  That's why I called the store.

Anyway, why take my name and number to put on the "list", and then tell me the list means nothing?  If I want the phone from the store, I need to be at the store on launch day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hear you, it sux that they said that. Sometimes they will do anything just to get the sale.

Highlighted
Journeyman

maybe you should have read it all at sprint.com, and why didn't you just pre-order it online since you were already there? No need to place blame on the store due to lack of reading. I read it online as well that you could only pre-order online only.

Highlighted
Journeyman

got to agree with capdrywall. it said you can pre-order on line only.. Now if a store employee say you can preorder at the store.. thats the old bait an switch plan. Tell you anything to get you in the store. then say i was in error when you get there an try an sell you something else.

My local news reported online only.

You didnt hear anyone was camping outside stores the Thrusday for Fridays pre-order at stores, did you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to Best Buy. Only have to pay $50 for pre order and then the rest when you pick it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't pre-order iPhone at the store

I went to my sprint store at 9am when the store opened the day the pre orders started and walked in, got my pre order and my new iphone will be available on the release date. Im not sure why you had issues. You could have called or ordered online. When the iphone 5 was released the same thing happend to me because they were on backorder by time I got to the store. They only do so many pre orders and with the new iphone selling out they stop taking pre orders so that is why you are put on a list and when they have an available phone they will call you

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat