cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts from Verizon

34 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Can't receive texts from Verizon

Just the opposite!  I can't send texts to my Verizon friend.  She can text me, but my reply will not go through! I receive back an error message:  Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114.                  We have checked both our numbers on facebook, but i dont see how that could be the problem.  I have deleted her and reentered.  My Sprint number is. [Personal Information Removed]. And her Verizon number is [Personal Information Removed].  Please help.  She is a new employee at my office and we need to be able to communicate.  Thanks!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Master

Skulldude1313 - This is not what we like to hear. Are you only not receiving text from that one Verizon user? Let me know, I am here to help! - MitzieSprint Social Care
Journeyman

II'm having an issue with not receiving texts from one verizon user...I'm a sprint user...what can I do

Wizard

PhilQ,

The inability to receive calls from specific carriers and/or numbers almost always results in the need to create a network ticket.  In most cases, it is a routing issue that has to do with a recent port.  Or a known issue in a specific area.  So unfortunately, a fix for all issues is not possible.   I can say, however the more information we have regarding the issue is better.  Since the information we need is most always private information, we always request the information via private message. 

In most cases we would need the following information:

1.  Your phone number (And a list of numbers experiencing the same issue)

2.  Examples of numbers, dates and times of failed messages

3.  Error messages on the sending or receiving party's end

4.  Approximate date and time that the issue began

5.  Physical address where issue most occurs

6.  If a port was created, what date did the port begin

7.  Are any other issues occurring?  (Voice, data, etc)

8.  If these messages are created from contacts list, please try and initiate the text message by manually entering the number rather than selecting it from your contact list.  Confirm if this was able to resolve your issue.

9.  Is there an Airave at the location where you are experiencing these issues?

10.  Your first and last name

11.  An alternate contact number (Other than the number you are experiencing issues with)

12.  An email address

If any of you would like to send me this information so I can further investigate your issue, I'll be happy to escalate all of your issues if necessary.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Can someone who knows how to fix this actually post the fix instead of complaining about how they aren't getting assistance?  There seems to be people who know how to address this, but they are doing it in PM's.  Would save a lot of time and energy if the solution could be posted in the thread. 

Journeyman

I am having the same problem as many of the others here and am unable to receive SMS text messages from Verizon customers.  Outgoing SMS text messages work fine, as do both incoming and outgoing iMessages.  I called customer support a week ago and they told me my ticket would be escalated to Networking, but I have not heard back, nor has the problem been fixed, so I figured I'd try here since several people seem to have gotten resolution.

Journeyman

All good with texting!  Just took a long time to find someone who could identify the problem!  Thanks PhysicsGuru

Journeyman

I have had this problem since signing up with Sprint in January. I carried my number over from Virgin Mobile to get the Iphone 4s with Sprint. Haven't been able to get text messages from Verizon and T-Mobile since day 1. I have called Sprint countless times. Spent hours on the phone. Even more hours in the Sprint store. Issue is still not resolved. Sprint won't even return my calls after they say all their usual stuff; "You are at the front of the line","top of the list","we'll put a rush to get it resoved". This is coming from employees, managers, advanced support. I couldn't be more frustrated. It's funny because I signed up with my girlfriend and she bought the Iphone 4s as well but didn't import a number and hers has worked fine since day one. Coming up on 3 months of the same problem now. No help in sight. Am I really stuck paying for this service in a 2-year contract when it doesn't even work?

Journeyman

I have been having a similar problem to all of the above. I was a Sprint customer for quite some time (having transitioned over from Nextel), and stayed on a plan until this last December, when my family's plan was broken up, and to save my number, I ported my number to a TracFone. Then approximately a month ago I ported my number back to Sprint, and everything was fine, up until about a week ago, when mid-conversation, I stopped being able to receive messages from my girlfriend who is on Verizon. Since then, none of her texts have come through, nor have any other Verizon-based messages sent to me. I've been checking around online, and everyone seems to have different opinions on whether it's Verizon or Sprint, but either way, the main person I text is my girlfriend, so not having that makes my service significantly less worthwhile, and I'd like to get it straightened out as soon as possible!

Wizard

amcd49, Are you still having issues receiving sms messages from Verizon customers? I can help you with this. To diagnose this issue further I am sending you a PM with additional information -T.