cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts from Verizon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't receive texts from Verizon

Having the same problem.  Been with Sprint since 2007, got an iphone on 2/11 and this problem started on 2/25.  Had the Google Voice integration until Sunday when I disabled it thinking that was gonna clear the problem.  I wasn't receiving the texts on GV either but figured it wouldn't hurt to disable it.

Sprint had me do several hard resets, ##update#, they even turned off my text messaging & turned it back on, and I had a Sprint store temporarily swap out my phone for an android to make sure its not the iphone that was causing it.

I can still receive MMS messages from Verizon customers but not SMS, I've had atleast a half dozen people try to text me in addition to trying on my Verizon work phone, so it's not a phone problem.  I'm leaning towards this Verizon network or inter-carrier gateway problem, but how do I go about clearing this?  I work for a small business that relies heavily on text and IM communication during my travels.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Everyone,

I want to share my experience with not receiving txts from Verizon and apparently form TMobile. 2 Weeks ago me and my brother ( we share family plan )upgrated our Palm Pres to Samsungs Epic 4G Touch. Before we did the upgrate we had never experienced aby difficulties with receiving txts. After week of enjoying our new phones, to be more specific on Sunday Feb 26th, I noticed that I stopped receiving txts from Verizon ( my boyfriend is with Verizon and we are in touch hundreds time during the day). I called Customer Service, we did standard upgrade, nothing. Issue not solved. i called again, we did hard restart, no results. The following Monday, things started happening to my brother. he stopped receiving txts from TMobile and Verizon. Called Sprint, Sprint said its Verizon fault. Currently, he is on the phone with Customer Service Rep every single day trying to solve the issue. No results so far. My opinion on that, i symphatise with people here, I spent 200 dollars to upgrade my phone to 4G just to experienced those difficulties and having no answers. I read here that this happened to people with iphones, well we got Samsungs and go through the same process. I just think Sprint wants to keep up with the competition, introduces I Phones and other 4G phones but I dont think they can handle it....Thier towers or systems or whatever that is , are simply not ready yet. During one of my store visits regarding that issue, Sprint told me that I have 14 days to try a phone. If i dont like it, i can returnt it, money back guaranteed. guess what,I LOVE the phone, its the service and the way of handling things that bother me.... Maybe some of you will have answer to our problem ? I would appreciate any help

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I have a similar issue. Seems on Feb 26th or 27th im not getting texts from one verizon number in particular. Its weird becuase I can get texts fine with another verizon number. Open up a new thread addressing your issue and you should eventually get a sprint tech to send you a PM to help you out. If you get it figured out let me know! It sounds like its a "routing" issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm a new Spring customer as of 3/6/12 and bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch and am having the same issues with Verizon.   I had my number ported from Verizon to Virgin Mobile temporarily while I searched for a new carrier.  My question is, how many users who are having the same issue are newly created Sprint phone numbers or are all issues on a previously ported number to Sprint.   CS seems to be unaware of this issue as well as the store where I bought the phone, however they are telling me that if I get a new number it will fix the issue.   Just curious??? Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I been with Sprint for 8 years now and never experienced this problem until I upgraded to the iPhone 4S. I upgraded at the end of December and everything was going smoothly up until a week ago, there has been a significant delay in receiving and sending text messages, especially from Verizon users. My friend is has an iPhone on Verizon and me and her text alot and since last week, a huge delay started happening where she wasn't getting my text messaages untill hours later and same with me from her. Sometimes she will call and it wont ring on my end. I tried calling and texting myself from my aunt's phone who is also on Verizon and it went through fine. It's very fustrating and I am getting fed up with this service and getting no help. I feel like dropping Sprint all together because my instinct is that it is a Sprint issue. I never heard of this problem with iPhone users on other networks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd thought i would put my two cents in since mine was resolved. I ported over a number from boost, but at one time i had it on the sprint network .... messages from verizon numbers stopped coming thru. It turns out there was a routing issue with an inter carrier called metcalf  that handles sms messages from carrier to carrier. I was able to receive messages from those people as long as they sent them as mms messages. i would definitely push to get to a high level of support so they can contact that metcalf comp and get it resolved..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also having the same issue, ported my number from metro PCS. Can't receive text messages from customers of other carriers. My friend has an iPhone 4 from sprint and he isn't having the same issue as I am. Someone please assist ..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am now having this issue.  Well, my husband is.  Problem is that his ported number, which has been ported twice in the past 5 years-- to Time Warner Cable and then to AT&T, then to a company called CREDO Mobile which uses the Sprint network, all have worked fine.  Now he cannot receive text messages from at least one friend on Verizon as they get the message that his number is a landline. Well, over 5 years ago when we first dropped our home phone it WAS-- on Verizon!  I need someone at Sprint to contact Verizon and tell them that the number no longer belongs to them.  Can someone from Sprint please PM me so we can get this done?  He has done the battery pull/reset phone that tech support just advised him to do as when Sprint tried calling his phone, it messed it up so that he could not answer any calls until he pulled the battery.  I am fairly confident that the carrier gateway issue is a problem, and it's possible that we never had anyone on Verizon trying to text either of us on any of our other cell carriers as we mostly text each other, and we've never had a Verizon wireless account or have any family that I know of who would be trying to text us from Verizon.  Almost all of our family are on Sprint or something else non-Verizon.  Waiting eagerly for a PM.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue here, kind of. I can receive texts from my Verizon friends (both iPhone and Android users), but some of my responses aren't getting delivered. It's not all of the time, it goes in and out. Has anyone gotten this issue resolved recently? I just upgraded to an iPhone 4 a few weeks ago, but my number has been Sprint since I got this phone over four years ago. I noticed the problem last week.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello all, I'm sorry that you are having trouble, please send me a private message by clicking my name. I will be glad to help you.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just solved the problem...at least for my particular case.

We were having the same issues. My sister-in-law also just got a new Verizon phone. My wife and I both have Sprint EVOs. For whatever reason, now texts from my sister-in-law were getting through to my wife's phone, but texts to my phone were failing.

I finally got an opportunity to look at my sister-in-law's phone and i figured out the problem and the solution, at least for this particular situation.

Her phone had synced all her contacts from Facebook on her phone and she was using those contacts to text from.

My wife's Facebook lists her number a XXX-XXX-XXXX (area code and the 7 digit number). But on my phone, my Facebook lists my number as 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX (the country code, area code and the 7 digit number).

I tried texting myself from her phone by manually inputting my number, and bingo, it goes through to my phone just fine. I looked at all her other failed text messages and they all have the 1 country code added.

So the fix, at least for us, is for my sister-in-law to fix her address book. So the problem seemed to neither have been Sprint nor Verizon -- it was Facebook.

For people with Verizon phones who are having this issue, take a look the number it's texting to and see if the country code has been added. Or try manually entering the ph

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue!  Seems like this has become a full time job to resolve this issue.  Been to Apple, Sprint store, and tech support.  Everyone does the same thing and the issue is not resolved.  This has been ongoing since January and the the numbers that I cannot receive texts from have changed, currently 2 on Verizon.  HELP!  This has been a nightmare.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat