cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the premium data charge be waived from my account?

Journeyman

Can the premium data charge be waived from my account?

Hello,

I have two iPhone 4S that I bought October of 2011.  Download speeds have been consistently bad for 1.5 years.  .3 Mbps down is about the fastest we'll get.  My beef is, the extra fee PER LINE of $10 a month that I'm told is supposed to "supercharge" my phone etc is a complete joke and slap in the face.  Using my phone outside of wifi is barely useful.  So why are we paying a premium fee for a very un-premium service?  I know the network is overloaded, but why are you continuing to charge customers for service they're not getting? 

I've had the phone looked at by Apple, done all the stupid script updates that they tell you to do everytime.  The conclusion is YOUR NETWORK ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH and no one there has the guts to admit it. 

Can a CSR please contact me about my account.  I fulfill my end of the bargain by paying, care to fulfill yours or alter the agreement?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Can the premium data charge be waived from my account?

ajcronk1111,

I do apologize you are not happy with this charge.

The Premium Data add-on charge is required for smartphones. We require this add-on for phones made to deliver a superior wireless experience including Web, email, video and social networking.

Sprint smartphones currently are: Android, BlackBerry, Palm, Instinct and Windows Mobile phones.

On average, smartphone users use 10 times more data than customers with basic or feature phones. With this charge, Smartphone customers will continue to receive unlimited data and experience Sprint’s simplified services and rates, being able to take advantage of a rich data experience while on the Sprint network.

If you would like an unlimited data plan, for a lower rate, and avoid this charge, you may want to check out some of our feature phones which do not require the $10 Premium Data add-on charge.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.  The issue I have is this line:

"We require this add-on for phones made to deliver a superior wireless experience including Web, email, video and social networking."

Is totally bogus as most people on this forum might tend to agree. If you WERE provided a superior service I'd agree with you, but when I can't browse outside of a wifi hotspot that's not superior.  I live in a major metropolitan area that Sprint's coverage maps indicate should be the best 3G coverage, yet coverage hovers around .05 to .30 Mbps -  down and .02 Mbps up. 

GeorgeELMSNY, would you categorize that as a superior wireless experience?

Highlighted
Wizard

ajcronk1111,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your concerns completely and we are happy to address the issues that you are experiencing with the data speeds.  We're also happy to review your account to determine if any adjustments may be warranted for the inability to access data. Keep in mind, the premium data fee is not charged because of the data speeds. It's charged because your device requires so much data, and because the data provided is unlimited. I agree these speeds your mentioned are slower than our advertise speeds. By providing your zip code and cross streets, we're happy to check out the performance of the tower(s) in your area.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat